Gym workouts for weight loss

Options
Can anyone recommend any gym work outs they've use to lose weight?:)

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Eat in a deficit. Lift weights to preserve muscle.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Just about any gym workout that's a solid progressive program will lead to weight loss if you're in a calorie deficit.
    I've lost on SL5x5, Wendler's 531 and other programs, but the key is taking in less calories than you burn in a day, exercise included.
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

This.
    When using MFP you are supposed to eat back your exercise calories.
    Weightloss happens in the kitchen, exercise is for improving your (cardiovascular) health.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% about eating less calories than you burn. (some statistics say the percent is even higher)
    The advice you have received from the above posters so far is spot on re: exercise.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    BANG B)
    Simple truth.

I'd suggest finding things you enjoy. When I hit the gym as a newbie, I just put on some good music and hit the resistance circuit. Afterward, I spent 30 minutes on a treadmill watching TV.

As things progressed, my training changed, and I learned what worked best for me given my goals and expectations.
    In general, do some cardio and strength training, but remember: 80% of our results for weight loss, health and wellness are derived from diet.

I just hate that...lol

Good luck to you <3
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options

2nd

Throw in some fasted cardio in the mornings if you really want to shed the pounds quicker
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I exercise for health. For a healthy mind and body. Often the more I workout the hungrier I am and with muscle build up you slow your weight loss- for awhile. Calories, calories, calories. No way around it.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is 80% about eating less calories than you burn. (some statistics say the percent is even higher)
    The advice you have received from the above posters so far is spot on re: exercise.

Not 80%. 100%.
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has great workouts for all fitness levels; also fitness blender is new and fun. Good luck.