Totally new to MFP

Hi! I'm just getting started with tracking my food and exercise intake. I'm approaching 60 and have finally decided that it's time to take the reins of my lifelong obesity and do something constructive about it. I've always been overweight but never like this. I've tried fad diets and behavior modification, the latter with the best success to date BUT I've never measured or documented every single ingredient that went into my mouth. It's now Day 2 and I to say, even with the newness of it all, I finally feel like I have some control over my eating. It's nice to see the program telling me that I'm not eating enough calories ... Got my food scale out and counting every single ounce in my measuring cups. I know I'll get to where I won't have to measure any more. Found out a few months back that I have to be gluten-free, right about the time I finally decided that it would behoove me to see a dietitian. I've been researching gluten-free diet and foods as well as reading about other diets for GI symptoms and have been keeping a personal journal on what I've learned. All I can say is wow, that's a lot of information and I'm incorporating it one step/day/ingredient at a time. Since I found out that I have celiac disease and am highly sensitive to gluten, I have dubbed this as my gastronomic adventure of the first order for 2015. I know, I'm quirky but hey it works ... :wink:

Replies

• happygrandma52
    happygrandma52 Posts: 66 Member
    Welcome Anna! Feel free to add me - I'm 63 & have been on MFP since about the 1st of January. So far I'm down 60 pounds - keeping track of everything you eat really works (at least for me). Hope to hear from you.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Hi Anna. Welcome to MFP. You got this! Add me if you like.
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Welcome! You'll love MFP! Add me as a friend if you want.
  • AnnaMcComas
    AnnaMcComas Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks guys! I sent requests to all 3 of you ...