HELP ME!!!

Options
Oh dear lord, give me strength. I've just about hit MFP Bingo sitting at freaking work!

I made a remark, not even disparaging, about Paleo, fifteen minutes later, the three woman who surround me are still on an organic, no chemikillz, whole food, paleo tirade. FIFTEEN FREAKING MINUTES. I've retreated back to my desk to nom on my protein cookie (white chocolate & raspberry if anyone cares, and it's damn good). Of course I'm never going to get healthy eating protein cookies every now and then, if you believe the tyrannical three. Ignoring the fact I've dropped 70+lbs this year, so clearly doing something right.

Oh, and one lady's husband wants to shed one pound to get to race weight (he's a distance runner), so their house is on no carbs after lunch regime!

ETA - homogenised milk is now the debil apparently.

Replies

• cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ignore the holier than thou coworkers. You've lost a lot of weight. Be very proud of yourself. Did you make those protein cookies? Recipe? Do they have a cow? I like my milk fat free, so no cream floating on top.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    So about that protein cookie.....?????

On a serious note: I don't really discuss food with people, other than exchanging recipes, because everyone I know gets so hell bent on their way being right and I don't have the energy to make my counterpoints.

Good on you for the strategic retreat.

~Lyssa
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wish I could take the credit for the protein cookies, but alas, I'm too lazy for that. Locally made ones, http://www.justines.co.nz/ not sure if available outside of NZ, but they've been my saviour this year for when I've run out of time to pack a decent lunch (read: everyday).

Right now I think my biggest problem is trying not to be seen rolling my eyes :smiley:
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm careful about who I mention diet/weight loss stuff to. Pretty much everybody I work with is on a restricted diet of some sort (we have one girl who is no dairy/sugar/grain/low carb, one that can't have wheat/dairy/added sugar, one that can't have bananas/avacados, and I can't have mushrooms/non-fermented dairy,) so we are all generally pretty open and respecting of each other's dietary patterns and able to have constructive, open discussions about different dietary requirements, but I've come to understand that that is the exception rather than the rule. Most people tend to think that their way of eating/losing weight is the ONLY way to eat/lose weight and aren't open to considering any other options. The only reason we're all so open to new ideas (other than because of the different restrictions we have,) is probably because we need to know about different diet programs and outlines due to our job.