Belly fat

Options
2»

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    seamoth wrote: »
    It would be really motivating (and reassuring) to me to hear from those of us who HAVE lost excess belly fat, even if it was the last fat to go! I am close to despair, here

Not sure if you'd class this as 'excess' belly fat, but these are my stats. At 125lbs (5'4) my waist is 27", at 112lbs it was 25". While my navel measurement did go down in that time, my belly still wasn't flat. Just proves that you'll probably need more than just diet to get a flat stomach. I'm currently 123lbs and trying to get back down to 112, and doing it with more exercise this time, so I'm hoping that'll make it a bit flatter!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It would be really motivating (and reassuring) to me to hear from those of us who HAVE lost excess belly fat, even if it was the last fat to go! I am close to despair, here

I am, at the moment, but slowly. My dr had to point out to me, a few months ago, that I WAS losing belly fat, and that it was mostly the visceral fat high up in my abdomen, where it enveloped my internal organs. I haven't been worrying so much about visible belly fat on my lower abdomen but it is now coming off: it's the last to go.

• Eagles8080
    Eagles8080 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies. Guess i just need to be patient as u dont get a six pack over night lol.
  • neecer07
    neecer07 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    neecer07 wrote: »
    Okay - so my belly fat is low, hanging belly fat. It's so disgusting and embarrassing. I'm religiously logging my food in MFP and doing C25K and some strength training. Is that gonna help get rid of that serious problem area? I've lost 5lbs already....

Your calorie deficit will help you lose fat, yes. If you have a lot to lose it is going to take time and patience, and consistent and accurate food logging.

Thanks. It's that fat below the belly button. Just something I really, really want gone.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Okay - so my belly fat is low, hanging belly fat. It's so disgusting and embarrassing. I'm religiously logging my food in MFP and doing C25K and some strength training. Is that gonna help get rid of that serious problem area? I've lost 5lbs already....

Your calorie deficit will help you lose fat, yes. If you have a lot to lose it is going to take time and patience, and consistent and accurate food logging.

Thanks. It's that fat below the belly button. Just something I really, really want gone.

I hear you. I felt the same about my butt and thighs. I know I have seen some women on here who have had great results, especially if you approach it like this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

Lose fat. Keep losing fat. It will (eventually) come off the belly. Eventually. If you keep losing.

It was the last to go. Actually, the love - handles were, but they're part of the whole "spare tire" around the belly area.

Sarge before:
    6af6814f4b8d380204a69de6f2a6740328f0.jpg

Sarge after:
    6af61e8f545bc464a1baebdb32313f8476ba.jpg

A bit more than a year and 54 pounds between the two pics.

• seamoth
    seamoth Posts: 69 Member
    Options

Lose fat. Keep losing fat. It will (eventually) come off the belly. Eventually. If you keep losing.

It was the last to go. Actually, the love - handles were, but they're part of the whole "spare tire" around the belly area.

Sarge before:

Sarge after:

SARGE, thats amazing! Thanks for your encouragement.

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I echo those who say the belly is the last to go. Mine is shrinking fast now, but my other bits certainly shrank first. The only exercise I have done is the occasional bike ride, so it is not related to spot exercise or any other focus. I am 40, so it is not because I am young either. I am getting quite excited about the before and after pictures I will get to post, but I am waiting until I am at my goal.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options

15 kg lost ... still had belly fat.
    17 kg lost ... and finally the belly fat is starting to go.

I figure I've got at least another 3-5 kg to go before I can say it is pretty much gone, and even then it won't be entirely gone. I had a surgery many, many years ago that has ensured I will never have a completely flat abdomen.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Why they ever messed around with the stickies is beyond me
  • chasingthesun85
    chasingthesun85 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Sarge before:

Sarge after:

Holy beegesus!!! You are smoking hot!!