True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I confess, when MFP sends that passive aggressive “clearly this isn’t helping and you don’t want us around any more so we’ll stop bugging you” notification I get slightly turned on.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    IC that I am terrified of going full-time with any small time business venture in this country because independent businesses get taxed a ton compared to having a regular 9-5 at a company. I'm also terrified that because of this, I will never be able to achieve my dream of selling art and other handmade goods that make others happy because I can't be that burden to my family.

IE. I don't want to owe so much money to the IRS that we end up homeless or in severe debt.
  • CaptainFantastic00
    CaptainFantastic00 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    I think my echo is worried about me. I said 'volume down' and she said 'i am sorry to hear that'
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I think my echo is worried about me. I said 'volume down' and she said 'i am sorry to hear that'

All hail your new (slightly compassionate) robot overlords!!
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    IC I want a breakfast biscuit....but...i didn't get one just a plain coffee ...bleh
  • transparentenigma
    transparentenigma Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    IC that I am terrified of going full-time with any small time business venture in this country because independent businesses get taxed a ton compared to having a regular 9-5 at a company. I'm also terrified that because of this, I will never be able to achieve my dream of selling art and other handmade goods that make others happy because I can't be that burden to my family.

IE. I don't want to owe so much money to the IRS that we end up homeless or in severe debt.

Don't give up your dreams. Have you thought about doing it part-time until you can gauge if you can make a full of it and it be sustainable? Just try for a little while by saving up enough at your current job and take a four month vacation/leave of absence if possible and give your venture a try, you should be able to figure out if this is something that would work full time during this period.

Nothing is promised, but at least you won't always be wondering where you would have been had you decided to live your dream.
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    IC, I am scared shitless about my new position at work. I almost feel like a fraud despite assurances from above that I’ll be fine :|
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Options
    Im starting to think coffee is getting the better of me. I may have to quit drinking it. My addictive personality takes *kitten* to the limits.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    IC, I use work and helping others to compensate for some of the negative things I am.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    IC: While I know the things I stand for or what things I'm passionate about I still feel like I don't know who I am, at least not all of the time.

Some days are like dark long winding hallways with no flashlight.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    So far 2/3 of my exs have met their significant others directly after breaking up with me, so statistically, if you wanna meet your future wife, you should date me first. Meanwhile I'll be sitting here wondering what the *kitten* I did wrong since none of them have had the balls to give me a reason.
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I bake when I'm annoyed and when I need a distraction from the world, mostly people.

I made 68 lemon shortbread cookies tonight.

We need to be neighbors. I love anything lemon!
  • orionaimee
    orionaimee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    I'm still *kitten* my soon to be ex-husband

Guuurl... We need to talk.

I am all *kitten* up, I know...

I think there is a song out about this very thing by Dua Lipa... It is all a process.
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Im starting to think coffee is getting the better of me. I may have to quit drinking it. My addictive personality takes *kitten* to the limits.

I could have written this myself... "Coffee" has been a variety of other things as well throughout my vida.