i ate hardees meal :(

Options
After 2 days that i had been on 1200 calories diet, yesterday night after completing all my calories,i couldn't resist and ate hardees meal :(..i am so demotivated

Replies

• liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    That's okay, it's over and you can't take it back. If you enjoyed the meal great, if you didn't, think about how you felt the next time you are tempted to eat there.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself us by your boot straps and start again. And most people should eat more than 1200 calories a day. I would imagine that would leave you feeling rather hungry. Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Hardee's is one of the worst fast food chains. But no worries... one meal will not be your complete undoing.

However, I might suggest that 1200 calories probably isn't enough food. Especially if deprivation is causing you to crave less than desirable food like Hardee's. 1200 calories is not enough for most people. Only very short, small-framed individuals can be satisfied on so few calories. Also, I practice moderation, meaning that I eat clean most of the time, but allow myself small portions of food that I crave. It helps me to keep on track. Everyone is different, but if you see this become a pattern of behavior for you, you might find it easier to keep yourself on track and motivated if you reevaluate your methods.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I ate a Dairy Queen 1/2 pound Grill burger. I needed the protein. I am still thin this morning and feel better. Just balance it out over time. A day's overeating won't hurt you, it's the continuous pattern of overeating that causes us to gain weight.
  • Darryl4126
    Darryl4126 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I bet that was awesome I love their breakfast. Hey how about pick me up a steak biscuit LOL. One meal won't kill your diet your all good.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Pick yourself us by your boot straps and start again. And most people should eat more than 1200 calories a day. I would imagine that would leave you feeling rather hungry. Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/538381-in-place-of-a-road-map

This is really good advice. Plus it's very important not to demonize foods. Just eat at a calorie deficit. Eat healthy about 80% of the time and leave room for the treats you like. Depriving yourself of everything you love only leads to cheating, feeling bad about yourself and maybe even quitting.

Change your mindset about this whole process. It's about fueling your body correctly and enjoying life. Good luck!!
  • mjcat002
    mjcat002 Posts: 15
    Options
    :wink: Stop thinking that way. Life is full of foods, we have to live here. It really is ok to eat junk once in awhile, do not punish, get depressed because you ate something. Really, your gonna let a little burger or fry beat you?? I do not think so :smokin: Just know, you cannot eat that all the time. I do not diet because if I diet I will always fail. I am trying to change the way I live, think about food, and learn healthier eating habits.
    So Hang in here, have a healthy day, enjoy some exercise you'll be great !!