Understanding MFP number

tgunartoIndonesia
tgunartoIndonesia Posts: 9 Member
edited August 2015 in Getting Started
Sorry if my questions are so stupid but I am totally confused.

I just started using MFP and Misfit Shine as the activity tracker. They both connected well and I choose "Enable Neg Cal". Both timezone is the same as my home country, Jakarta.

I set my my goal to lose 1/2kg every week. Calculated intake for that goal is 1650 Cal.

Here is my reading taken at 14:00. With 1000 Steps from my misfit (0.6km total walk)
Goal (1670) - Food (715) + Exercise (1377) = 2332 Remaining

Misfit calorie adjustment: 1377

So it means I could eat up another 2332 Cal and still lose 1/2kg per week?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    not familiar with Misfit but my Fitbit would break even at about 3000 steps before adding extra calories. Did you log any exercise here ?
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Something is wrong here. If you've only done 1000 steps it shouldn't be giving you a positive adjustment at all, let alone 1377. I need to walk 25000 steps (on my fitbit) to earn that.
  • Kris_ott
    Kris_ott Posts: 11 Member
    I have the misfit flash and I've set it up to sync with mfp as well. It seems to be working well (it's only been two days though). Have you done any additional exercise that would be logged on shine (in addition to just steps)? That could be adding up if it was really intense and sustained (I'd think your steps would have gone up though). Are you maybe logging exercise twice, having it record on the shine and sync with mfp and then manually entering it on mfp so that it shows up twice?
  • tgunartoIndonesia
    I didnt input any exercise at all. The only thing I log is my food. Is this particularly android os problem? Never encounter such problem when I was using ios back then. Anyone is using samsung note4 and works fine? I have tried deleting, disconnecting both apps but calorie adjustment is still way too high.

When I open misfit app, their total calorie is fine. I did 1000 pts and my cal burned is 2480.

So clearly sync issue between mfp n misfit
  • Kris_ott
    Kris_ott Posts: 11 Member
    I'm using Android os and it's working fine. Are both apps set to the same units of measurement?
  • tgunartoIndonesia
    Solve the problem.

MFP collect data fm misfit and assume I will keep walking at the same rate until midnight. Once the clock reach midnight the data keep correcting itself.

This morning I check my yesterday stat. Additional 240 Cal burned from a total 10k steps. That seems making sense