Insanity Max 30

Options
MamaFunky
MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
edited August 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Looking for reviews/thoughts on Insanity Max 30. I just bought it yesterday and looking forward to getting started.

I love HIIT training/DVD workouts, so I am hoping this will be a fun change from what I have been doing.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• muirsy
    muirsy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I loved the original Insanity and found it was the best. Max is really good and a close second. The best part about max is that it's 30 min long so it's easier to plan your workouts... I definitely recommend it!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Having done Insanity, and having a love/hate relationship with it, I really enjoy Insanity MAX. It's like someone went to Shaun T and said "Hey, we love Insanity, but some of the workouts are too long. Can you still kick *kitten* in 30 minutes"
    When I get done with Insanity MAX, I am a puddle on the floor. My heart rate is through the roof, and I am begging for mercy........and that with even having to modify some workouts due to my knee problems.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love max 30 more than the original. A good ten minutes of the original is on the warmup and I would rather get to the main part. I found Max30 to be easier on my knees also
  • JennJJ07
    JennJJ07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I liked original insanity but with 12 hr shifts back to back Max 30 is a better fit. I'm in week 3 and beginning to see some endurance improvement. I'm not big on weighing myself weekly. I like to do it at weeks at a time. But I definitely recommend it.
  • MamaFunky
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback! I am glad you all like the workout. I liked that it is a 30 minute workout too. I enjoy mixing cardio with some weight lifting, so an intense 30/40 minute workout and about 15/20 minutes of free weights is always what has worked best for me.

@jeremywm1977 - I love your description of being a puddle on the floor when your done. I love those workouts when you really feel like you gave it your all. Great job! :)

@Yisrael1981 - I like that it seemed to be easier on your knees. That is encouraging. Now that I am over 40 I am a little more cautious when it comes to some moves. I will push myself, but I also no my limits. :)

Thanks again everyone! Can't wait to get it in the mail and get started! You guys are great motivation!
  • MamaFunky
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Received Insanity Max30 in the mail on Saturday and got started right away. I love it! I did the Cardio Challenge on Saturday and was dripping sweat by the end of it. Then did Power Tabata and the 10 min Power abs yesterday. Man that was a good workout!

This is what I was really looking for to switch up my workouts. Looking forward to doing another workout today. I am a little sore today, which feels good. I like that its challenging in different ways.

I have never done a Shawn T workout, but found him very motivating. I really like his style in Max30, where he pushes you but also says its ok to take a break and then get right back into it. It was also refreshing to see the people in the video needed to take breaks too, just reinforces that its ok and to listen to your body. Its a really good calorie burn for 30 minutes. I also like how they have the extra 10 minute and 15 minute workouts for days you might have a little more time.

• GaijinAdrian
    GaijinAdrian Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love insanity max 30 but original insanity has its perks too. The original is more about cardio whereas max 30 is more about strength training in my opinion. I run often so when I want more leg power, I go to max 30. Shaun really loves his squats and lunges man. I swear. .lol
  • MamaFunky
    Options
    I love insanity max 30 but original insanity has its perks too. The original is more about cardio whereas max 30 is more about strength training in my opinion. I run often so when I want more leg power, I go to max 30. Shaun really loves his squats and lunges man. I swear. .lol

lol! Yes, he does love his squats and lunges. I love the strength training aspect of Max30 too. I am sore in places I haven't been sore in a while, but not too bad where I feel like I can't do it again. Looking forward to another workout today! :)
  • crimefighter2
    crimefighter2 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I just bought it - hoping to start....I slept in this morning, so I may have to work out tonight and then again in 12 hours.