Help needed...

Options
I need a little help since I am new to being dedicated to my excercise routine. I have some health conditions that limit what I can do exercising. I have Arnold Chiari 1 Malformation and flattening of the spinal cord through out. I am doing brisk walks about 15 minutes after I wake in the morning and I am up to about a 1/2 hour in the morning and 1/2 hr. in the evening at about a 3.5 to 4.0 pace. If I can get a little jog in until I am breathless I do it, walk and jog again. My silly question is about inclimate weather gear. I do not want to stop what I am doing. I want to do it in rain, snow, ect. I will need something grip wise for shoes because I was told if I fall I take the risk of quadrapelegia. I suppose I can do the treadmill in the house when it is slippery but I really want to walk in the rain. What is the best gear for this? Thanks!

Replies

• UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Yak-Trax are good for snow and ice, but if I had your condition, I'm not sure I would want to chance being paralyzed due to a fall!! Just my two cents. B)
  • Kellyss95
    Kellyss95 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have chiari as well .. It is a bit frustrating trying to get fit with restrictions. I do brisk walks 2/5 miles a day depending on how well I'm feeling. If the weathers bad I do walking tapes the I have which are just as good.