Conflict at home :(

Options
2»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    They arent used to living with someone else so its no surprise whats your is theirs in one sense. Chat with your sis in the first instance and find a compromise. Rather than it being an issue id tend to keep the treats or snacking sort of food in your room and see how safe it is to leave tins and dried stuff out. Keep some reserves in a box under your bed, which is obvious they should respect. Talking might solve it all without the need to take further steps just see how it goes.
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    noel2fit wrote: »
    What about meal prepping? Prep your food in advance, put it in tupperware containers, and label them "Monday Lunch", "Tuesday Dinner"

This!

• jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    They arent used to living with someone else so its no surprise whats your is theirs in one sense. Chat with your sis in the first instance and find a compromise. Rather than it being an issue id tend to keep the treats or snacking sort of food in your room and see how safe it is to leave tins and dried stuff out. Keep some reserves in a box under your bed, which is obvious they should respect. Talking might solve it all without the need to take further steps just see how it goes.

Cool. I also share a room with her two girls and sleep on the couch :neutral: but I think I can have a certain cupboard for myself. Thanks!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    The rule at my house is that if it has someone else's name on it, you can't have it. Occasionally I request a paper bag at the grocery store so I can put things that I want to eat in it, put my name on it, and put it in the refrigerator. (bags wear out so occasionally I have to get a new one)
  • jendiaz9732
    jendiaz9732 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The rule at my house is that if it has someone else's name on it, you can't have it. Occasionally I request a paper bag at the grocery store so I can put things that I want to eat in it, put my name on it, and put it in the refrigerator. (bags wear out so occasionally I have to get a new one)

Love this rule! Thank you!!!