I deleted all my friends.....

Options
A few weeks ago, I deleted all of my friends on MFP. Not out of malice, annoyance, or spite. Rather, I did so out of embarassment. I didn't want to be on this site AGAIN and saying I am starting over. However, I am on this site again and saying that I am starting over....
I turn 40 in a few weeks. OUCH. I am 5'4 and 148 pounds. The weight is most recent (last night) and I weighed myself after a 10 day vacation with my family. I'm praying that some of that being water weight, but who knows... I need to keep it real. I can't even describe what "water weight" is. I'm sure the beer and great food has played a bit of a role!
I have registered for a 1/2 marathon at the end of September that I know I am not ready for. However, I am not at the point of backing out yet.
I want to lose about 20 pounds. I have two kids and working out is a challenge (child care purposes). I actually have a babysitter today, so set to start again in an hour!
So... for those who recognize me that I have deleted, SORRY! Please add me again. If there is anyone out there that is motivating and/or shares similar goals, please feel free to add me.
I intend to go into my 40's leading a healhy lifestyle for my children...........

Replies

• bringon30
    bringon30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Don't feel embarrassed! I am here losing for a second time also! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Be proud that you came back. I, too, am starting over after a 115 lb loss 5 years ago. I sadly gained it all back, so here I am again. Feel free to add me!
  • lavrn03
    lavrn03 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Add me!!!
    My second and last time around!!!!! Gonna turn 40 in November!!
    One day at a time
  • Jacqui_Runs
    Jacqui_Runs Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Add me as well. I am here for a second time. Doing it different by adding friends to motivate me. It definitely helps.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I take my 6 year old jogging with me. He both hates it and loves it. He whines the whole time but at the end is happily jumping up and down bragging about how fast he is and how good he feels. We just started though, so maybe he'll start liking it more and more. If you're going to lead by example then lead! Get their lazy butts out there with you! ;) I currently don't have a gym routine, but if I did I would totally bring him with me to the gym too. Set him up with some little 2lb weights and let him copy mommy...he'd love it!
  • NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I deleted about all friends as well. Staring over again.

Lets shred this extra pounds once and for all!!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    the only way I can exercise is by going to the gym at lunchtime during work. My daughter is 4 - still too little to do other stuff and I am not a runner...

but I just turned 39 and need to lose another 3 kilos - am on the home stretch but it's not easy! We can do this!!! My second time too - but have stuck to it for 6 months so far and have been doing it differently and it's working slooooooooooowly but surely.