I only fail, if I don't give it my best

Options
Hi All!
Well it took 1 more trip to the ER with a major asthma attack, instigated by pneumonia that I didn't know that i had. I have been on blood pressure medicine for 5+ years and have struggles with sciatica for years.
I have always been active and some what athletic, but the asthma and sciatica have put activities like hiking, volleyball and softball, to couch surfing and such.
Not to mention Severe sleep apnea.
SO when the Doctor recommended I lose some weight on my 5'5", 195lb frame, i wasn't surprised.
I have a very large top , smaller waist and larger bottom, so i carry my weight well. But quite frankly I am tired of carrying it.
Half of my physical ailments, could possibly be eliminated by losing and I am finally admitting that.

So I have been here for a week and have written in my food diary daily and exercise diary daily and I am actually forming a habit I think.
I am looking forward to hear from you all to motivate me and support, the new me!

Thanks,
Darlene

Replies

• lizzy7282
    lizzy7282 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI Darlene! It sounds like your off to a good start with logging everything. I've been back just a few days and haven't logged too much only because I have been reading a lot on here and had to go through the cabinets to get rid of some junk that I knew was my downfall lol. I also need some motivation and support! :-)
  • DarleneGauthier1
    DarleneGauthier1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Lizzy,
    It is extremely hard. But reading on here and seeing my diary helps to keep me accountable. (To thine own self be true) Plus I have a roommate and her 12 year old daughter and they have THEIR food in the house. But I am the one with the issue, so I will not ban them from having the food. I am learning new ways to eat and enjoy food. Like my lettuce tuna wraps. Instead of mayonnaise I use Hummus. and because Hummus has different flavors i can jazz up the taste. I enjoy my sweet stuff, so I have 1 cup of coffee with a teaspoon of Mocha/Caramel creamer. It is about empowering myself with food. Not depriving myself, and rethinking my relationship with food. I eat 6 mini meals a day and keep and its keeping me charged. And working out, feels like a reward too.

Thank you so much for responding!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Buy a digital food scale and start weighing all of your solid foods, and measuring all your liquids. You will learn a lot about serving sizes, and how many calories are in those servings. Keep your log based on those servings and calories, and stick to your calorie deficit.
    Also read the first post in this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here