Where to ask question about potassium?

Options
Where?????

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Anywhere. :). Here is good. Edit your post and ask the question. :)
  • yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Here?
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I need to limit potassium to 2000 a day and I dont know how to enter that number. I finally figured out how to put it with the sodium etc but I can't add the amount. Thank you
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    You will have to customize your nutrient goal for potassium.
    Please see this article, and many other helpful articles, on the MFP Help pages...
    https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/12035-can-i-customize-my-nutritional-goals-
  • WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank You Cyber
  • irnz
    irnz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You should also keep in mind that as if right now many food do not list potassium in their nutrition facts, so you may need to do some investigating at first. I usually try to look for generic versions of items Lee fruits and vegetables since they usually list potassium content. If it's something packaged or ifthe generic version doesn't have potassium listed, I will usually do a quick Google search "potassium in ______". I have created My Food called potassium that is just 1 mg of potassium so Iincan add it in easier when I know what it should be but it's not listed on the nutrition facts.

If you are limiting potassium, I'm guessing is because of health reasons, so it's best too be on the safe side and look items up to confirm potassium quantity until you know which items have it and which ones don't.
  • sunnymathews
    sunnymathews Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The general guideline is 3500mg Potassium to meet 100% RDA. Try as I may, I am averaging only half of that. What in the world does one need to do to bump it up?
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The general guideline is 3500mg Potassium to meet 100% RDA. Try as I may, I am averaging only half of that. What in the world does one need to do to bump it up?

Shouldn't be too hard:

http://www.health.com/health/gallery/thumbnails/0,,20721159,00.html