Halfway done with journey 45 pounds lost... with pictures!

Options
becbo22
becbo22 Posts: 283 Member
edited August 2015 in Success Stories
Hey everyone!
I started my journey at 302 pounds in 2013 after gaining about 100 pounds from psychiatric medications and binge eating. One day in May 2013, I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office and was shocked to see that I was over 300 pounds. I decided then that something needed to change. I mean heck, I was 20 and on medication for high blood pressure! I stopped binge eating and began to make better food choices. I also started a physical job. In 6 months, I lost 50 pounds. I eventually had lost about 60 pounds, but then winter, depression, anxiety and inactivity caused me to gain about 20 pounds back. I am now back up to 45 pounds lost, with at least 60 more to go. I work out 6 days a week, love healthy food, and am working on becoming a certified personal trainer.

SO, here it is, 2 years of hard work- falling off the horse and getting right back on. Here's to new beginnings and becoming the best we can be!

height: 5'11"
SW:302
CW:257
GW: 180ish

(the scars are from having my gallbladder out...NOT weight loss surgery)

xljgnt.jpg

Replies

• BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Great job. :smile:

Feels good to take back control of your life doesn't it?
  • becbo22
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Oh stick with it you little sweetie! I hate to hear that you have suffered so much pain so young. Please get the help you need. You don't have to suffer in isolation! You have done such a great job and I can see a huge difference. Keep going!
  • becbo22
    Options
    I'm in therapy :) working on my mind as I work on my body.
  • jennifermi
    jennifermi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great job. So hard to do when you are dealing with everything else but so worth it. And eating right and excercising just helps you feel happier
  • becbo22
    Options
    jennifermi wrote: »
    Great job. So hard to do when you are dealing with everything else but so worth it. And eating right and excercising just helps you feel happier

Amen. I'd be lost without my exercise.
  • MarthaLeliefeld
    MarthaLeliefeld Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Such great progress!! You should be so proud of all your hard work :)
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You're Rocking it!
    Here's to health and happiness !
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    So with gastric surgery?
  • becbo22
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    So with gastric surgery?

No! I just had my gallbladder taken out when I took that picture. I do NOT believe in weight loss surgery.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You look so much lighter than 257lbs in your after pic. Is that due to toning or what?
  • youdoit23
    youdoit23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you don't look like you weigh 257, it looks like your in the hundreds already!
  • turkeyandrice
    turkeyandrice Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You look great!
  • becbo22
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    You look so much lighter than 257lbs in your after pic. Is that due to toning or what?

I'm guessing its all the exercise and the fact that I'm almost 6 feet tall. I'm wondering if 180 might end up being too low for me? What do you guys think?
  • christinedlg50
    christinedlg50 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bravo! You look awesome!
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    You did a really great job! U look healthier, happier and stronger than you did before! I wish u the best in ur journey towards becoming a certified fitness trainer! Gud luck and congrats!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Incredible work! You look so youthful and healthy. It sucks to fall off the wagon every once in awhile, but I think your own struggles will make you a more effective and empathetic personal trainer!
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Amazing story you look great inside and out..how did u start to control the binge eating?
  • becbo22
    Options
    Amazing story you look great inside and out..how did u start to control the binge eating?

I'm not going to lie, that was the hardest thing. I still struggle sometimes. But basically if I had the urge to binge on something, I would let myself have just one serving of it to get rid of the craving.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!