How to stay focus when life is crazy

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
So I am sure some will say the answer to this is easy but it is not for me. I am trying to cut back on eating, drinking, and start working out. But so far thanks to life it is not happening. My husband lost his job and has yet to find work, he recently got denied unemployment thanks to his last job being a jerk and due to that we are asking our parents for money and that can only go on for soo long. So how do you control these things when life is crazy and stressful? It just makes me wanna say screw it and eat whatever and drink. I am struggling here. Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• le_burd
    le_burd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You definitely are not alone! We are currently living off of just my income as well. It is so challenging! Multipurpose foods help me with this! I buy a few chicken breasts and cook them in the crock pot with some chicken broth. This will provide several meals for both of us at a very low cost and takes up just a few minutes of my time. You can add chicken breasts to brown rice or quinoa for a decent cheap meal. It's easy to change up the seasoning and eat this several times (maybe ranch seasoning one day, olive oil and Parmesan the next etc.) Another good low carb option is cauliflower. I know it sounds disgusting, but it basically has no flavor. You can make it taste like whatever you want, and it is cheap. I've been making "cauliflower rice" (put cauliflower in the food processor until rice like consistency then cook in a pan with a little spray of Pam). You can add a tbsp of frank's buffalo wing sauce for 0 calories and some of your chicken breast and you have yummy buffalo chicken with rice. Hope this helps!!
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Ok coming this is coming from an ex heroin addict (me).... Nothing is easy, simple maybe, easy definitley not. I've struggled with "life" tremendously since I had quit using. The one thing that keeps me in check is looking at the reality of it, and that's if I go back to using things will be worse.

I have basically turned my addiction from dope to exercise. And first it was a total b!tch, and I wanted to give up so bad, BUT I wanted to succeed more!

You've got to look deep with in yourself and ask what you want from your life...I'm assuming you have a boderline issue with alcohol by how you say you just want to give up and drink. Is that what you want? Don't forget about all the bs that comes with drinking your problems Away, like hangovers, forgetting about how you made an *kitten* of yourself, missing work...oh not to mention every single problem you had is still going to be waiting to taunt you the minute you sober up...

Just some food for thought. You Can make it sound so much more complicated then it is but truth is it's simple (not easy) but simple... It's your emotions that are complicated.

So you must make the simple decision to either put your health and fitness at the top of the list or make excuses like how life's too hard so I'm just gonna drink... It's your call and I wish you the best of luck either way
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!