Deactivated Facebook

Options
2»

Replies

• Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    So you quit Facebook to reduce time wasted on social media....then came on a different form of social media to talk about it? This is like someone who drinks too much wine giving it up and then going for a beer to cope. Lol. ;)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I've been off FB for 2.5 months now and don't miss it at all. I'm thinking if I get to my goal weight I'll jump back on with a sexy pic, haha.
  • freak4iron
    freak4iron Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    slideaway1 wrote: »
    I've never had a facebook or twitter account so I don't really know what I'm missing out on. I'm intrigued to see what all of the fuss is about, but I already spend more time than I would like messing about on the computer watching Youtube and stuff. Plus, I couldn't care less about other peoples lives lol!

That last sentence really hits home with me, makes me feel all mushy inside :D
  • brendak76
    brendak76 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I deactivated almost 2 years ago. Haven't ever regretted it. I have so much going on in my own life I don't have room in my head to think about 400 other people's lives. I've enjoyed hearing stories and seeing vacation photos from the person him/herself instead of on a newsfeed. Honestly there hasn't been anything that I've *needed* to know or important information I've missed.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    jglovicz wrote: »
    How about saying that you ONLY get to browse Facebook while doing something active? Some exercises will obviously not be conducive to this, but you can do things like riding a stationary bike, holding squats, doing biceps curls, holding plank (this would work only if you have Facebook on a tablet or phone), leg raises, etc. you may need to be a bit creative, but it could work!

I like this idea!

Facebook is an important mode of communication these days. Trying to stay in touch with people who don't use it can be a pain!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Facebook is highly overrated, in my opinion. Life without the needless drivel and drama priceless.

We must use it for very different things!

For me, it is a tool. It works for me, I am not its prisoner. I mostly use Facebook to talk to friends who are overseas and to find out about dance events and fitness events.

Just delete those who share drivel and drama...
  • beckyb924
    beckyb924 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been off Facebook since May 2013. I don't miss it at all.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Facebook is highly overrated, in my opinion. Life without the needless drivel and drama priceless.

We must use it for very different things!

For me, it is a tool. It works for me, I am not its prisoner. I mostly use Facebook to talk to friends who are overseas and to find out about dance events and fitness events.

Just delete those who share drivel and drama...

yup, I have friends that travel all over, or live all over or are just people

I'll send a hug for those struggling. smile at baby pictures, chat with high school friends, schedule private classes and photoshoots. organize get togethers

I've never liked talking on the phone. I like letters but those allow limited interaction

when my dog was dying of what we eventually believe to be pancreatic cancer, I had lots of support. people asked what I needed. they prayed with me.
    when I got engaged, the kind words and outpouring of love was wonderful.

Facebook has it's purposes, but hate is not allowed on my feed. I will call you out and unfollow you in an instant

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,716 Member
    Options
    I have Facebook, but I don't COMMIT much of my time to it. Just like dieting, exercise, etc. one doesn't have to go to extremes to change their way of life. Most of the time it's just a change in some habitual issues. I MAY spend 10 minutes every other day on FB and don't bother to have updates every 5 minutes. My commitment is more here because of interaction and trying to help with advice. Create the right priorities and everything else is just a past time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Aimeeank
    Aimeeank Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did it too. Shut it down for 30 days just to clear my head and not make it such a constant in my days. The first few days were a little tough - I realized it was like a cigarette. I reached for it when I was bored! But then it got easier and I didn't miss it. I got back on because family were missing seeing new pics of my kids. But I told myself I wouldn't be so addicted anymore. GREAT idea to replace that time with a quick workout instead! I should do that too - when I feel like I want to check FB, I'll get on the floor and do a 1 minute plank instead! :)