Jorge cruise 100

Options
Has anyone found a tracking app for the 100 diet? I tried to make mfp tracker work for me but cannot seem to get it right.

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    That's because Jorge Cruise doesn't believe Calories in vs. Calories out is important...and it is. It's the basis of MFP, actually. Try just counting your calories with the allotment MFP gives you - it has shown great success for a lot of people.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I just went to this diet's website and they advocate losing weight via food restriction rather than calorie restriction. This is an easy diet to gain weight on if you are not watching your calorie intake, therefore why not just eat what you like, weigh your food and log everything you eat, and see where it takes you?

The only magic in any diet is the magic you give it.

You can lose weight on any diet as long as you eat at a calorie deficit, and you can gain weight on any diet if you eat more calories than you burn.

Diet type is preference only.

I am not one who believes in food type restriction, but I did practice it for years. I could never stick to any sustainable eating plan because of avoiding certain foods based on my misconception that certain foods were "fattening" and were to be avoided. It was only when I changed my relationship with food that I was able to lose weight eating real foods in moderation, and it's certainly the only way I've been able to maintain.
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Because 1- my primary problem is carb binging and 2- my doctor says this is the best plan he knows to get me off bp meds and avoid diabetes. Why can't people just answer a question, if they actually know th E answer instead of telling someone what is wrong with their plan.
  • sharonfoustmills
    Options
    And I've already done just calories with mfp. It's not about weight for me, its about nutritional balance.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    And I've already done just calories with mfp. It's not about weight for me, its about nutritional balance.

What kind of tracker are you looking for? If you want to balance your nutrition, you can customize your macros on here to whatever ratios you prefer.
  • sharonfoustmills
    Options
    I asked for advice on getting mfp to do what I need it to do, not for advice on whether you agreed with it.
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    I asked for advice on getting mfp to do what I need it to do, not for advice on whether you agreed with it.

I don't know who this is addressed to, but I offered a suggestion on how to get MFP to do what you wanted it to do (based on my understanding of your question). If custom setting your macros doesn't help you meet your goal of nutritional balance, maybe you could clarify exactly what you're wanting MFP to do?
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    If your problem is carb binging and pre-diabetic, the best answer is to lower your carb intake to less than 50%, and to lose weight.

The best way to lose weight is to have Calories in less than calories out. MFP is built to achieve CI < CO. MFP can also set your daily macro goals, which may help with regulating your carb intake, and you can view the weekly average with the smartphone/tablet app.

Also, if you have a problem with high blood pressure, why didn't your doctor recommend the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet? It was specifically designed to help lower blood pressure and is one of the best diets out there and doesn't require buying books.
  • sharonfoustmills
    Options

I don't know who this is addressed to, but I offered a suggestion on how to get MFP to do what you wanted it to do (based on my understanding of your question). If custom setting your macros doesn't help you meet your goal of nutritional balance, maybe you could clarify exactly what you're wanting MFP to do?

• sharonfoustmills
    Options
    Yes, you are being helpful, much appreciated. I cannot get the macros to enter correctly because it keeps insisting on percentages of the total. Is there a way to ignore percentage and enter only macros in grams? And only the saturates fats will let me change them? I change the other fats and it doesn't update them to my nutrition report?
  • sharonfoustmills
    Options
    If your problem is carb binging and pre-diabetic, the best answer is to lower your carb intake to less than 50%, and to lose weight.

The best way to lose weight is to have Calories in less than calories out. MFP is built to achieve CI < CO. MFP can also set your daily macro goals, which may help with regulating your carb intake, and you can view the weekly average with the smartphone/tablet app.

Also, if you have a problem with high blood pressure, why didn't your doctor recommend the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet? It was specifically designed to help lower blood pressure and is one of the best diets out there and doesn't require buying books.

• kk_inprogress
    Options

MFP is not designed to follow other diets. The best you can do is what @nordlead2005 suggested and track macros to decrease carb intake. Did your doctor recommend the 100 diet?
  • sharonfoustmills
    Options
    No idea why my Dr. Chose it, just know he did. I actually already have several DASH books. I am just trying to get the tracker to adapt to do what he told me. He has an MD after his name- I don't.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    No idea why my Dr. Chose it, just know he did. I actually already have several DASH books. I am just trying to get the tracker to adapt to do what he told me. He has an MD after his name- I don't.

An MDS doesn't make someone an expert in dieting and nutrition though. Have you considered talking to a registered dietician?
  • janejellyroll
    Options
    Yes, you are being helpful, much appreciated. I cannot get the macros to enter correctly because it keeps insisting on percentages of the total. Is there a way to ignore percentage and enter only macros in grams? And only the saturates fats will let me change them? I change the other fats and it doesn't update them to my nutrition report?

You can only set macros by gram with MFP premium. If you stick with the free version, you will have to do it by percentage.

It may be worth asking your doctor why he recommended the Cruise diet over the DASH diet. The DASH diet has much more clinical support for addressing high blood pressure and diabetes -- I'm not aware of any studies showing that the Cruise diet is successful in addressing these two health issues. Before beginning this plan, I would want to know why my doctor was recommending it -- has he had other patients achieve success on it, does he follow it himself, is he aware of studies showing that it is effective, etc. Some doctors have educated themselves on nutrition, but many doctors don't understand it that well.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    While an MD is very skilled at what they do usually, nutrition isn't something many of them do well at all. Just an FYI to the OP as she seems to think the doc knows best, but that usually isn't the case when it comes to nutrition.
  • randiewilliams72
    randiewilliams72 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found a tracking app for the 100 diet? I tried to make mfp tracker work for me but cannot seem to get it right.

MFP should work fine. Set your calories in, Set your macros and stay in those numbers. Easy. I haven't read his book but I know people who are following it. I was under the impression as long as you stay under 100 carbs you are fine. But calories do count for most people if you are trying to lose weight. They do for me.

Also, yes, MFP does macros so you just have to play around to get them close.
  • robspot
    robspot Posts: 130 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    OP do you know how many calories you're set to daily? Carbohydrates and protein have approx 4 calories per gram, fat has 9. So if you know how many grams of carbs you need, multiply it by 4 and then work out what percentage of your daily total that is. You can then enter that as your carb macro. Then split the rest between fat and protein as you require.
  • sharonfoustmills
    Options
    Thanks. The main thing I am trying to do is get it to recognize good fars vs bad fats, but it won't hold my goal for unsat and mono-unsat?