HCG Diet

Options
Thoughts and suggestions?
Has anyone ever done the diet? I know a couple people who have done it and hace lost alot of weight

Replies

• Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    rsm193 wrote: »
    Thoughts and suggestions?
    Has anyone ever done the diet? I know a couple people who have done it and hace lost alot of weight
    You're better off sticking to MFP recommendations.
    Think 1 pound per week.
    HCG Diet is a crash diet sure to lead you into gaining back your weight.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    I think it's VERY unhealthy.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Not to be promoted here on MFP. It's extremely low calorie. I knew a few teachers at my school who did it a few years ago. . . they were eating something like 500 calories a day. They lost massive amounts of weight. Today, every one of them looks heavier than when they started.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Stay far away from this "diet."

It only works because of the extremely low calorie intake (500 calories). It is not healthy or sustainable. Just eat a moderate calorie deficit.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I think it's VERY unhealthy.

Same here!

If you're only eating 500 calories a day, what are the expensive drops supposed to do?? Make you lose even more weight???

• RBracken34
    RBracken34 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I naturally slimmed down when I was pregnant (a natural HCG diet), and I wasn't even sick... my body just loved being preggers... even at 38! But I would NEVER do that to my body on purpose. There are so many reasons for that I can't even count them all. This is a very dangerous fad diet. Steer clear.
  • secondeve
    secondeve Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i got bashed for talking about this diet, so i will not say how i feel about it. but i will say i have a VERY HEALTHY friend who lost over 100 lbs. on it and has still kept it off for two years. she maintains her weight and works out now. i would suggest if you want to know about it scientifically, read i think it's called "pounds and inches"
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hello,

I'm writing to let you know that our Community Guidelines ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines ) prohibit the creation of any forum posts, groups, or posts in groups that encourage the use of Very Low Calorie diets (including, but not limited to, VLCDs that use the HCG protocol).

MyFitnessPal has always promoted a healthy, sustainable, and gradual path to weight loss. But HCG products are typically promoted in connection with a very low calorie diet, usually one that limits calories to 500 per day. Research has demonstrated that calorie intake at these levels can lead to increased risk of gallstones, hair loss, constipation, an irregular heartbeat, and many other dangerous side-effects.

Moreover, numerous medical studies have shown that the results of HCG-use in combination with a very low calorie diet are indistinguishable from the results of the low calorie diet alone. In light of this research, the FDA has required the labeling and advertising of HCG products to state:

“HCG has not been demonstrated to be effective adjunctive therapy in the treatment of obesity. There is no substantial evidence that it increases weight loss beyond that resulting from caloric restriction, that it causes a more attractive or “normal” distribution of fat, or that it decreases the hunger and discomfort associated with calorie-restricted diets.”

Our guidelines prohibit any use of Groups or the Public Forums to support the use of HCG.

Regards,

MFP Community Manager

psuLemon
This discussion has been closed.