73 lbs down still want to lose 17 lbs and need motivation

Options
good evening! I've been on this journey since October and I believe I've done well going from 250-177 lbs. however I have not lost at all during July! These last lbs are the most difficult to lose! I've managed to get out of the "overweight" category when I reached the 170s but I would really like to see the 160s so I'm not lingering in the high end of average and bouncing into the overweight category when I begin to work on maintenance. July was a tough month, death in the family, husband left, birthday parties etc. but I was just hoping there is a person out there who has some advice on fighting off these last several lbs?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting to a healthy weight range! There are many threads here on MFP about this topic. Try doing a search for "plateau" and you will find a wealth of info.
  • CJBasque1977
    CJBasque1977 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    pdwhitlock wrote: »
    good evening! I've been on this journey since October and I believe I've done well going from 250-177 lbs. however I have not lost at all during July!

I am going through the same thing. My starting weight was the same and I am about the same weight now. Although I've been at it since last August. Since I had consistently lost every week, it's been disappointing to see no weight loss or slight weight gains recently. I also reached out for advice.

For me, changing my exercise routine has helped move the scale back in the right direction. And even if it's not moving as fast as I would like, I'm noticing a difference in how my clothes fit. I also found that changing the time of day for my exercise also helped...even though I dislike it, early morning before breakfast workouts have been more effective. Hope that helps! Feel free to add me - maybe we can motivate each other through this plateau!
  • adawson55510
    adawson55510 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome job.. you look great
  • pdwhitlock
    pdwhitlock Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Congrats on getting to a healthy weight range! There are many threads here on MFP about this topic. Try doing a search for "plateau" and you will find a wealth of info.

Thank you! I was not aware of a search option!
    pdwhitlock wrote: »
    good evening! I've been on this journey since October and I believe I've done well going from 250-177 lbs. however I have not lost at all during July!

I am going through the same thing. My starting weight was the same and I am about the same weight now. Although I've been at it since last August. Since I had consistently lost every week, it's been disappointing to see no weight loss or slight weight gains recently. I also reached out for advice.

For me, changing my exercise routine has helped move the scale back in the right direction. And even if it's not moving as fast as I would like, I'm noticing a difference in how my clothes fit. I also found that changing the time of day for my exercise also helped...even though I dislike it, early morning before breakfast workouts have been more effective. Hope that helps! Feel free to add me - maybe we can motivate each other through this plateau!

Awesome ideas! I've dropped a little more. Down 75 lbs this week!
  • Marg672
    Marg672 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you have gotten this far that is an amazing accomplishment! Keep going forward! You will get there. The last seems to take the longest. I know I am my own worst critic, need to work on treating myself like someone I love. I know it sounds strange but I tend to be more supportive of others and more critical of myself. We are all a work in progress!
  • tony56pr
    tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Stop fighting... believe it or not the harder you squeeze those last few pounds the more you just can't get rid of them. With all the stress have you been eating more salt? I found as I got down to my goal I became more sensitive to sodium and could swing 8 pounds in 4-5 days. I started off at 295 and got down to 162.2 at 6'-0" looking back I went further than I should have. But sodium masked weight loss for me