Looking for supportive friends with a sense of humor

Options
Hey everybody! So here I am on my fitness journey and I feel I definitely need some friends for support and motivation. Laughter is good for you as well so having a sense of humor is a plus because it keeps me in a positive mood. I'm not perfect and I may not always log the best stuff but i'm just starting and practice makes perfect right?
I'm 38 and although my husband is my main support system, it would be good for me to have friends that will understand how hard but necessary this lifestyle change is!!
I'm also hoping to make friends with those that have an open food diary so that I can get some ideas on what to eat and snack on. I DO NOT criticize or judge anyone because I certainly don't need anyone doing that to me LOL. On that note, let's be fitness friends! :smile:

Replies

• chelseacknutson
    chelseacknutson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My food diary is public, plus I think I'm pretty funny. Adding you!
  • lizzy7282
    lizzy7282 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LOL! Awesome! Thanks for the request! Let's do this!!!
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Well I naturally think I'm hilarious. Other people may say otherwise... :smiley:
    Oh and my diary is pretty empty, re-starting with a shock
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and laughing is my favorite sport! I can be funny albeit a bit sarcastic from time to time. A sense of humor really helps with trying to sustain the healthy lifestyle....
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    my diary is open, and also not always the best food choices, but hey.. I have a sweet tooth, and i'm trying(some would say very trying!).. feel free to add me
  • NDCarothers
    NDCarothers Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, and I had a whole bunch of brownies last night... Yay fitness!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi! I log everyday and I log everything. Hubby is in this with me too, but online support is great when you need to talk about certain topics :) Also, I think cheering others is the best way to cheer yourself. Feel free to add me
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me if you like. I'm quite sarcastic but try to be as supportive as I can. The only time I'm sometimes critical is when people log cleaning as exercise. It's a peeve of mine. LOL
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I have an open diary and I think I'm pretty hilarious :p adding you!!
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on taking a big step toward wellness and happiness. :) it's always good to laugh a little during this process - makes it a whole lot easier!!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm Carol. I lost 5 pounds in the past two weeks with the help of my fursonal trainer, who is pictured at left. He may LOOK all soft and fuzzy, but he has the soul of a Jillian MIchaels. All day long it's walk faster, bend down pick up and throw the tennis ball, sprint FASTER, MORE calisthenics. Let ME eat your dinner! But it works. HIS body is perfect. He even has a wasp waist. I figure that if I get down to two cups of kibble daily, I'll have his figure. Until this week. I went to give him a doggie treat and they were all gone! So I opened a new bag and the next day THEY were all gone too. I went into the family room and there they both were on the floor, having been chewed open, and mostly eaten. No wonder Tater wasn't eating his din! And after I dragged myself to the Petsmart to purchase tub of Iam's lamb and rice kibble!
  • Binca0685
    Binca0685 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    adding you, this feed is making me laugh! We all think we are hilarious (I mean KNOW we are hilarious)!! :smiley:
  • rosenda9375
    rosenda9375 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Absolutely hilarious (mostly to myself) and sarcasm is an added bonus
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    My diary is wide open. Feel free to steal all the good ideas (some of my Blue Apron meals are super tasty) and quietly snicker at all the bad ones (bacon cheeseburgers? an oreo blizzard with bacon added? are these really things a dude on a diet eats?).
  • kikilieb3
    kikilieb3 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes. I love laughing and my diary is open. Today will be an example of a very bad day, but the two weeks prior to this are pretty okay!

I'm just trying to do the best I can, but if I stumble from time to time it is okay :)
  • hawaii150
    hawaii150 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    lizzy7282 wrote: »
    Hey everybody! So here I am on my fitness journey and I feel I definitely need some friends for support and motivation. Laughter is good for you as well so having a sense of humor is a plus because it keeps me in a positive mood. I'm not perfect and I may not always log the best stuff but i'm just starting and practice makes perfect right?
    I'm 38 and although my husband is my main support system, it would be good for me to have friends that will understand how hard but necessary this lifestyle change is!!
    I'm also hoping to make friends with those that have an open food diary so that I can get some ideas on what to eat and snack on. I DO NOT criticize or judge anyone because I certainly don't need anyone doing that to me LOL. On that note, let's be fitness friends! :smile:

• hawaii150
    hawaii150 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well here I go again. I had a rude awakening when today, I looked at the last time I had logged in about two years ago and my weight gain from then is about 45 pounds. I knew I had gained it but when you see it in writing, it's a wakeup call. I used to say I wanted to lose 100 pounds by the time I was 50 (I'm 60 now). I changed that to say I want to 60 pounds by the time I am 100! I hope we can all be an encouragement to one another.
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Bout time! I'm In on the all bacon n ribs diet B)
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends too :)
  • lizzy7282
    lizzy7282 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I seriously was cracking up when I read all the posts here. Yup, I found friends! LOL!!!!!! hahahah!