Should I also be

Options
eating approximately 50% of the calories that the step app gives me?

Replies

• mallory_2014
    mallory_2014 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    What is the step app?

You should be eating your exercise calories back if that's what you are talking about. You don't want your deficit to be too high.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi thanks for replying. When I rejoined mfp I was given the option of counting my steps through either an iPhone or another devise. Not sure how to access the original app but here's what it looks like on my home page. It's awesome. yugifa9wamu3.jpg
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Options
    What is the step app?

You should be eating your exercise calories back if that's what you are talking about. You don't want your deficit to be too high.

I forgot to quote you in my previous reply so not sure you would have seen it. Anyway, yesterday I did decide to eat back 50% as I've been stagnant for over week as far as weight loss while eating back most of my calories. Lo and behold I was 1.2 lbs lighter this morning.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    What is the step app?

I forgot to quote you in my previous reply so not sure you would have seen it. Anyway, yesterday I did decide to eat back 50% as I've been stagnant for over week as far as weight loss while eating back most of my calories. Lo and behold I was 1.2 lbs lighter this morning.
    Weight is not static. It fluctuates daily.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Options
    What is the step app?

Weight is not static. It fluctuates daily.

Thanks for your reply. I was just saying that my weight did not change for about 10 days other than fluctuating .2 or so up and down.

• momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I eat back most of my exercise calories. You should play with the numbers it's different for everyone. I am set up to lose 1lb a week and lose 1.2-1.5 on average so the calorie burns seem to work for me. But lots of ppl don't have that experience. My steps are tracked through my Fitbit so same type of deal as your phone app
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    Options
    momar23 wrote: »
    I eat back most of my exercise calories. You should play with the numbers it's different for everyone. I am set up to lose 1lb a week and lose 1.2-1.5 on average so the calorie burns seem to work for me. But lots of ppl don't have that experience. My steps are tracked through my Fitbit so same type of deal as your phone app

Thank you; I think I will. That's great that you are settled in what works for you.