People treating you differently?

Options
I 100% swear that this isn't in my head... but since losing some weight, I've noticed people are treating me differently.

Over the uni holidays is when I lost most weight, and my first day back at uni saw me effortlessly making friends, engaging in conversation and generally feeling like I was actually "there". This has NEVER happened before.

In the past, strangers would rarely speak to me and as a pretty naturally introverted person, I was quite happy about that. Every time I leave the house now, someone new speaks to me. Random people in the supermarket, shop keepers, people like that. Nothing sleezy or anything either... the world just suddenly seems to notice me.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I'm curious as to why this happens... is it because I'm suddenly more "attractive" (I doubt this as I was never overweight, just on the heavy side)... or is it that I have more confidence now and people see me as much more approachable than I've been in the past?

I honestly can't believe how good I feel about myself! :D

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    It's your confidence:-)
  • cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are happy and you look it?
    Smile and people will want to be around you!
    Or you could just look hot!
    Lol
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    A little from column A, a little from column B. Since losing weight I am more confident, I dress better, I smile more, I walk with my shoulders back and my head up. The world is bound to notice me- I feel great and I'm exuding happiness!

The other side of it is that people do treat thin people better. People are seeking positive reactions from me and giving themselves a little pat on the back when I give them. People give me free things, inconvenience themselves to help me, and let me get away with way more now than they ever did in the past, which can't have much to do with my shoulder position. I sometimes say really stupid things and people laugh and act like I'm so clever when I know it's not merited. Some people have acted and outright said that they're more insecure around me now. Girls make disparaging, fishing comments around me now. Guys get nervous and apologize more, sometimes overcompensating and showing off more.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You are a young pretty woman.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    It's your confidence:-)

This OP even if you think you didn't gain confidence others will tell you different.