"Hollywood Supplements"

Options
Hey everyone, a few weeks ago I noticed that a Youtube channel I follow was having a challenge of sorts for 4 hosts of the channel. I'm not trying to advertise them or anything, but basically they had a legit fitness instructor who worked with Hollywood actors to get them into Super Hero shape. Basically the channel was doing the same thing but with the hosts instead of Chris Evans or Robert Downey Jr. I caught the "transformation" episode where it capped it all off showing the before and after, and I kept noticing they kept referring to these super secret "Hollywood Supplements" as to what helped them lose weight, curb appetite and maintain muscle mass that they were gaining. I was wondering if anyone knew what these alleged super secret "Hollywood Supplements" were?

Replies

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Yep. They're called bullsh*t.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Some of them, with very close monitoring, are using performance-enhancing drugs. They are certainly not going to give us the details.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have a clue. But part of the Hollywood's elite supplements are probably a personal chef, a personal dietitian, a personal physician, a personal trainer, a personal photoshop artist, a publicist and a personal assistant who makes sure the previous 6 are doing their job making their client look perfect, even when they aren't.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    Yep. They're called bullsh*t.

+1

Lets pretend for a few moments that they are real and they do exist. "Hollywood supplements" would be the holy grail of fitness, and would likely be priced as such. People outside of Hollywood--with much more than mere "Hollywood money"--would want in on this action. If it were real, wouldn't Larry Ellison, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Phil Knight, and other billionaires all be super duper ripped?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's called PED's. No one (with the exception of the Rock) will admit to using them though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Ah. So basically HGH then.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Hollywood people are not, as a group, the smartest people around. I wouldn't trust them to make decisions about my health and I wouldn't emulate their behavior. Fwiw.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    Joshacham wrote: »
    Ah. So basically HGH then.
    Oh, I'm sure it's much more than just that.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    some of them have nothing to do but to get fit. and have Hollywood "contacts"
    it's their full time job.
  • Joshacham
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Hollywood people are not, as a group, the smartest people around. I wouldn't trust them to make decisions about my health and I wouldn't emulate their behavior. Fwiw.

It wasn't so much that I want to emulate their behavior, I just wanted to know what this secret sauce is. Like I said, these are average guys doing a Youtube channel that had a Hollywood fitness instructor helping them along the way. He was the one saying Hollywood Supplements. So I was just curious. Heck I saw an article just last week about how the women in Hollywood tend to stay thin is by chain smoking. While I do enjoy the occasional cigar, I'm not going to look like a chimney all the time.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Kexessa wrote: »
    I wouldn't have a clue. But part of the Hollywood's elite supplements are probably a personal chef, a personal dietitian, a personal physician, a personal trainer, a personal photoshop artist, a publicist and a personal assistant who makes sure the previous 6 are doing their job making their client look perfect, even when they aren't.

This! Especially the personal chef and trainer part. Some celebrities who are trying to get into shape work out for hours a day. They don't have anything else to do, Like a real job for instance.
  • Joshacham
    edited August 2015
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Like a real job for instance.

Well... It's right up alley then. :|

:D
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Heck I saw an article just last week about how the women in Hollywood tend to stay thin is by chain smoking. While I do enjoy the occasional cigar, I'm not going to look like a chimney all the time.

I don't know if that works. I see plenty of highly overweight people standing outside Walmart smoking. And my dentists office! It's probably more Adderall and Clenbuterol and they just say "oh it's because I smoke".

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Cocaine and/or anabolic steroids
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

It wasn't so much that I want to emulate their behavior, I just wanted to know what this secret sauce is. Like I said, these are average guys doing a Youtube channel that had a Hollywood fitness instructor helping them along the way. He was the one saying Hollywood Supplements. So I was just curious. Heck I saw an article just last week about how the women in Hollywood tend to stay thin is by chain smoking. While I do enjoy the occasional cigar, I'm not going to look like a chimney all the time.
    I get it. :)

My guess is drugs. Some of those Hollywood people are a little off their rockers where drugs are concerned.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

Prescription weight loss pills, liposuction, . . . .
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hey everyone, a few weeks ago I noticed that a Youtube channel I follow was having a challenge of sorts for 4 hosts of the channel. I'm not trying to advertise them or anything, but basically they had a legit fitness instructor who worked with Hollywood actors to get them into Super Hero shape. Basically the channel was doing the same thing but with the hosts instead of Chris Evans or Robert Downey Jr. I caught the "transformation" episode where it capped it all off showing the before and after, and I kept noticing they kept referring to these super secret "Hollywood Supplements" as to what helped them lose weight, curb appetite and maintain muscle mass that they were gaining. I was wondering if anyone knew what these alleged super secret "Hollywood Supplements" were?
    I think I know their "secret"...lol
    You do not want to go there. Whatever they're selling, it's not what make anybody fit or healthy.
    Stick to whole foods, follow the MFP recommendations for food intake and remember to exercise - both cardio and strength.

That's our big secret! :o

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

I get it. :)

My guess is drugs. Some of those Hollywood people are a little off their rockers where drugs are concerned.

There's something very sad about a person who sits back and makes judgements about a specific group of people based on things like where they live or their financial status, or what they do for a job. While there are a few 'celebrities' who admit to using PEDs, and some who have been outed for using illegal substances, it's pretty rude to stereotype any group based on the actions of a few. Documentaries and brief work ups have been done on the diet and exercise plans of other 'celebrities' who have lost weight or gotten into shape as well. If you were making such broad judgments about any other group, it would be called hate speech. I'd be careful how you speak in such broad terms.