I am getting discouraged! I haven't lost a single pound!

Options

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    2107675-not_sure_if_serious_2.jpg
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I am just wanting to get down to pre-baby weight. I nursed my son for a year and thought the weight would somewhat come off but that didn't happen. Ideally I would like to be down to where I was before having kids but that isn't realistic.

It is very realistic, but you need to be realistic about the time frame. You should focus on losing 1 lb/week. As someone already mentioned, the most successful way would be to eat the maximum amount of calories you can while still creating a deficit. The best starting approach would be TDEE - 20%. When you start as low as you are currently, you don't have room for adjustments when plateaus happen.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Not enough calories at all..... 1g of protein per each pound of LBM and .35g of health fat per lbs and 1 to 1.5g of carbs. Find your TDEE and subtract 20% of that form the total and that should be a good about to start loosing weight.
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not enough calories! Your body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism shuts down trying to store the calories because it knows that's not enough food. Add some lean protein and try for 1200 calories a day minimum :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to lose? Eat some carbs and don't starve yourself. Don't expect results so quickly.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    "I honestly didn't eat that much at the wedding. They didn't really have anything I was super found of and I don't like cake at all. When we eat it's always the same places and I get usually the same thing each time. "

Which could quite possibly explain why you're at 165lbs... :wink:

Take this seriously, and you'll be at 120lbs by Christmas. You log every ounce that goes into your mouth...accurately. And remember, if you cheat or guess or make excuses, we're not the ones that it matters to... That sounds like a huge "ouch", but it's true...

If you are serious about your health, we are here to support you and cheer your success....:flowerforyou:
  • MrsKiss21
    MrsKiss21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 45lbs. Ugh! I just hate to even type that number. I hate seeing all these cute summer clothes and realize I can't wear them.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Try adding pop back in. Pop has bubbles in it that help make you lighter. That's why they raise to the top. The liquid you just expel naturally. Its what my mom always used to say. Except we call it Soda.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I am eating about 800-900 calories a day.

Bingo. As others have said, you're not eating enough. Eat too little for too long and you're giving your body a reason to store fat rather than burn it. :noway:

I've had my best success with fat & weight loss by eating at a small deficit with good protein, exercising around an hour or less per day (dumbbells at home 3 days a week & running the other 3), plenty of water and good rest. I set my calorie and macro goals according to the info in this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13 Best move I ever made. :drinker:
  • hautetheory
    Options
    Eat more! It sounds like your body is holding onto your weight because you are not eating enough. Try going up to 1300 or 1400 cals a day and eat foods that are nutrient rich not just low calorie. If you are getting in good workouts the weight will start falling off.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I suggest you reset your goals to lose 1 pound per week and understand that your loss will probably average out to be a bit less than that. Bodies are designed for survival during times of little to no food, so most of us hold onto body fat pretty well. If our ancestors hadn't been able to do that, very few of us would be alive today (which would probably be a very good thing for the planet).

You probably ate a lot more than you think during those two days of no logging. Calories add up fast! One night not too long ago I had 350 calories left for the day and assembled a meal that I thought wouldn't come in at much more than 400 calories. Later I looked everything up, and my dinner had been nearly 700 calories.
  • Blushae
    Blushae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    yes I agree ... you have to add more calories .
  • ajstacey
    ajstacey Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    One week is certainly not enough time to see a result. When I started up again it took me 30 days to see a movement in the scale.
    I recommend weighing yourself maybe just once every 2 weeks.
    Good luck:wink:
  • Mau820
    Mau820 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There was no noticeable weight loss because you didn't keep track of what you ate and restaurant eating out has tons of calories.:sad: You probably lost, then gained it back. Weight loss is an investment...stay with it over time and you will come out a winner.

It's critical to commit to logging food everyday....everything that goes in your mouth..and sticking to it. 3 pounds a week is a little unreasonable, so accept that it's going to be less and stay with it....daily.

Another important element is exercising everyday....put the little one in a stroller or wagon and just do it...or let him ride his tricycle around a track while you walk. Schools are closed, but the running tracks should be open.

Stick to it and good luck:happy:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    800-900 calories a day? :indifferent:

No wonder you're not losing, you're scaring your body half to death and its hanging onto everything you eat because it doesn't know when it'll be fed again.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has been saying it takes more time...1 week isnt much time at all. And up your calories. I'm eatting between 1200 to 1400 a day it seems to be working for me.. good luck!
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well, give it time. You haven't been able to wear summer dresses (and look like you want to) for longer than you have been trying to lose weight. If you wanted to wear summer dresses this summer, the time to to have been serious about it was last summer.

Like everyone else said, eat more food and be PATIENT. All you will get from impatience is misery. Don't lose weight to wear summer dresses now, lose weight and be healthier to wear summer dresses every summer for the rest of your life. This is a long term goal and it takes a long term plan.

But you can do it, only if you really want to and are willing to stick to it for the long haul, in a sustainable manner. Don't do it because you hate the way you look, do it because you love yourself and want better.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    800-900 is nowhere near enough. eat more. food is fuel. you're burning calories but not eating enough to fuel your muscles/inner "stuff" (i'm not sciency, as is evident).

also, when you said you "play with your little guy," i giggled :) xoxoxo. hahahahha.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    EAT!!!!!!!!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I just started a week ago, so I know it hasn't been long. The only days I didn't log were Saturday and Sunday. We had a wedding and went out to eat twice on Sunday. My current weight is 165 and I want to be down to 120. I really want to lose about 2-3lbs a week.

2-3 lbs per week when you only have 45lbs to lose is far too aggressive. We all want to lose weight quickly however the quicker you lose the more of that weight loss will come from muscle mass instead of fat.

Eat more. 800-900 calories is not nearly enough to fuel your body. You need to eat between your BMR and TDEE. Don't try to lose weight too quickly. It's not sustainable and it's not healthy.