Water enhancers

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    As for cancer studies..they have been tried and Proven time and time again. My opinions are free like yours..don't like them then ignore them. No need to be rude. I have not shared anything ridiculous. Just studies and opinions. If people wanna put crap into their bodies go for it but don't post a question on a public forum and then turn on someone because you don't agree and or don't like their opinion on the matter.

im_surrounded_by_idiots.gif
    You've posted ridiculous and irresponsible claims. I didn't post the question, but I will call out someone who is just using scare tactics to push their opinion especially when the opinion can be dangerous to someone reading. Try to post a real study next time. Thanks!

Chemo sucks yes it does, but eating a plant based whole foods diet as you are stating would not have me cancer free. Following my doctors treatment is what did that.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Tilly1285 wrote: »
    What's everyone's take on the small bottle enhancers available at all grocery stores? Dasani has one, WalMart's Great Value, Crystal Light, Mio, etc. What is the best one?

I say resist the urge..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells. Stick with lemon water or plain water. Natural is always better than artificial.

I'm not sure where you are getting the information that our body can't process water enhancers or that they kill brain cells, but I am not convinced that natural is always better than artificial. If I had the choice between being stung by a dozen bees (natural) or having a glass of water with a few drops of Mio in it (artificial, in your estimation), I think I'd be drinking some Mio. And I don't even like the stuff.

Lol, I think I'd rather have Mio than be stung by bees..hahaha! I'm just saying our bodies cannot identify some of these chemicals and has no idea what to do with them. So they may or may not be killing brain cells but they are not good for our bodies. Our bodies were meant to ingest natural whole unprocessed foods, as much as we possibly can, in this fake (meaning artificial chemicals) food & drink world anyway. Here is something about safety of artificial sweeteners in the long haul..

'Whether non-nutritive sweeteners are safe depends on your definition of safe. Studies leading to FDA approval have ruled out cancer risk, for the most part. However, those studies were done using far smaller amounts of diet soda than the 24 ounces a day consumed by many people who drink diet soda. We really don’t know what effect large amounts of these chemicals will have over many years.

And there are other health concerns beside cancer. In the Multiethnic Study of Atherosclerosis, daily consumption of diet drinks was associated with a 36% greater risk for metabolic syndrome and a 67% increased risk for type 2 diabetes. Aren’t these diseases that artificial sweeteners may help prevent in the first place? " http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/artificial-sweeteners-sugar-free-but-at-what-cost-201207165030

also..http://gizmodo.com/what-are-artificial-sweeteners-really-doing-to-our-bodi-1641319335

There are two elements which have caused an increase in cancer rates above all else - increased lifespan and increased screenings. Pretty much all else is so small it doesn't register in epidemiological surveillance.

Our bodies don't tell the difference between "natural" or synthetic. Our bodies are meant to eat - all else can be summed up as First World Problems.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »
    What's everyone's take on the small bottle enhancers available at all grocery stores? Dasani has one, WalMart's Great Value, Crystal Light, Mio, etc. What is the best one?

I say resist the urge..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells. Stick with lemon water or plain water. Natural is always better than artificial. If you must buy them here is a list of best to worst (still not great) http://www.eatthis.com/best-worst-water-enhancers#fref

Just no. Stop fear mongering.

Sorry not fear mongering just informed and someone who prefers to be helpful rather than keep the good information all to myself. To be informed of all opinions and or facts is not to be feared but rather appreciated. You don't know me or my story. I am definitely all about educating and helping other.

So how is saying "..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells" in one post, followed by "So they may or may not be killing brain cells but they are not good for our bodies" in another post supportive of being informed and educating others? I read that as "I don't know, so I'll type scary things", which is actually fear mongering.

http://www.newsmax.com/Outbrain/diet-soda-brain-alzheimers/2012/10/24/id/461363/ I'm neither stupid nor a fear lingering bs-er. I do research and prefer to be healthy not just thin and I try to help others with that as well.

I don't know if water enhancers contain things that are bad for me, so I choose not to suggest that they do.

No offense, but if you're going to quote "studies" at least quote from reputable sources that have been peer reviewed instead of the likes of this guy who spews anti-vax bs.

OP, stick with natural if you can (fruits/veggies in your water) but occasional use of an artifical sweetener isn't going to kill you.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

I say resist the urge..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells. Stick with lemon water or plain water. Natural is always better than artificial.
    How do you rate natural cancer and artificial chemo?

Well as a cancer patient I would say both suck. There are relevant views that eating a diet rich in whole food and unprocessed diets are better at combating cancer than chemo is. After all chemo is a toxic chemical mixture that kill both good and bad cells. http://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/

Very dangerous opinions and advice there.
    I sure hope nobody gets some wrong idea's here.
    Scary even.

I think you made it very clear now to everybody that you are all for clean eating and that it cures everything...for you.
    But i sure hope that nobody listens to you.

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This lady (Sylvia Millecam) was also listening to alternative treatments and doctors. It didn't end well, she died. And in the years to follow the alternative quarks were sued her familie and widower....and the "advisors/doctors" got convicted.
    It is very dangerous to advice people about their health!!! just saying.

I just leave the link here for people who want to read it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Millecam
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Here is Australia we have this amazing lady named Belle Gibson who completely cured her brain cancer and secondary cancers with clean eating and natural supplements. She has a really popular App and is releasing a book.

Wait... make that past tense. She had a really popular App and was releasing a book, but then it turned out she was a filthy scamming liar who never had cancer and bullshitted thousands of people, some of whom followed her completely false advice and stopped medical treatment and have since become far far sicker than they ever had to be, and now we're waiting for the outcome of an investigation and hoping that the lying *kitten* goes to jail.
  • cwystal
    cwystal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Read the ingredients....if you can't pronounce it or don't know what it is, don't consume it. That's my rule of thumb. Plus most have an ingredient called propylene glycol in it.......an ingredient found in antifreeze.....thanks but I think I'll keep this out of my body. But i will admit those enhancers are delicious. My local grocery sells fruit infused water. Only ingredients are h20 and small amounts of fruit.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    cwystal wrote: »
    Read the ingredients....if you can't pronounce it or don't know what it is, don't consume it. That's my rule of thumb. Plus most have an ingredient called propylene glycol in it.......an ingredient found in antifreeze.....thanks but I think I'll keep this out of my body. But i will admit those enhancers are delicious. My local grocery sells fruit infused water. Only ingredients are h20 and small amounts of fruit.

That rule of thumb doesn't really work does it? Depends how in depth you go. Most can pronounce flavoured water or banana but the closer you look all products look "bad" and full of chemicals.

oi9wb14rjty9.jpg
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Many types of anti-freeze are largely composed of dihydrogen monoxide, should I keep that out of my body?
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I like drinking Natural Calm. It's technically a magnesium supplement, but it flavors my water too, so I'm willing to consider it a water enhancer. It's sweetened with stevia, too, so there's no concern over artificial sweeteners. Cherry and orange are the best flavors.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

Many types of anti-freeze are largely composed of dihydrogen monoxide, should I keep that out of my body?

Better be safe, that stuff is an industrial solvent you know. People die when they inhale it.
  • bpetrosky
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Propylene glycol is GRAS (generally recognized as safe), and metabolizes similar glucose. A person would have to consume a large amount to approach toxic levels. It has been used in anti-freeze formulations that are sold as non-toxic.

Ethylene glycol is quite toxic and has also been used in anti-freeze.

As far as products like Mio, they're ok if you want a flavorant in your water, but I find that they taste pretty vile. I do like some of the powdered tea mixes as a change from plain water, however.
  • bpetrosky
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Better be safe, that stuff is an industrial solvent you know. People die when they inhale it.

You should create a website to warn people of the dangers. This sounds serious.

Funny you should mention it. http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

I say resist the urge..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells. Stick with lemon water or plain water. Natural is always better than artificial. If you must buy them here is a list of best to worst (still not great) http://www.eatthis.com/best-worst-water-enhancers#fref

Just no. Stop fear mongering.

Sorry not fear mongering just informed and someone who prefers to be helpful rather than keep the good information all to myself. To be informed of all opinions and or facts is not to be feared but rather appreciated. You don't know me or my story. I am definitely all about educating and helping other.

So how is saying "..too many chemicals that your body can't process and that kill brain cells" in one post, followed by "So they may or may not be killing brain cells but they are not good for our bodies" in another post supportive of being informed and educating others? I read that as "I don't know, so I'll type scary things", which is actually fear mongering.

I don't know if water enhancers contain things that are bad for me, so I choose not to suggest that they do.

http://www.newsmax.com/Outbrain/diet-soda-brain-alzheimers/2012/10/24/id/461363/

I'm neither stupid nor a bs-er. I do research and I care very much about being healthy not just thin and try to help others with that as well.

Funny. In the United States, "Gerson" clinics are not considered legal. Physicians are also not allowed to offer that as an alternative to the standard treatment. If they do they can face major fines as well as possible license revocation. Physicians are allowed to suggest holistic medicine in conjunction with standard medicine. Many physicians have face malpractice issues for suggesting that the "Gerson" therapy as an alternative to chemo/radiation. That speaks volumes about the "therapy".
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Love the education on page 2 here - both the reasonable and unreasonable for it's hilarity.

I like the powdered versions that have caffeine and added B vitamins for mid-day use - and the only one I can find with added B but no caffeine for evening use.

1 packet for 32 oz's of water.
    When I use it, I discover just how dehydrated I was trying to avoid DHMO contamination, if gulping it down is any indication.

The powdered does seem to taste better to me than the liquid shot variety I've tried.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options

I'm a big manly man I DRINK DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE like its water!