Logging 21DF food on MFP

GuacMoney
GuacMoney Posts: 11 Member
hi guys!

Today is my first day on the fix. I'm still awkwardly adjusting with my DIY containers. My kitchen is an explosion since my first meal was just kind of winging it trying to get in every color. Anyway, It actually turned out great. An asparagus goat cheese scramble in a whole wheat tortilla and melons and berries. (That's a pretty big tortilla, so I counted it as 2 yellows)

i9mj8ed51jy7.jpg

Anyyyyway, the whole point of this diet is NOT to calorie count or weigh, it's just to follow the portion parameters. so how have you guys been logging food? I'm in the 1300 calorie bracket, so I was thinking I could just log quick calories as 1700, so the negative calorie adjustment of the 21DF workout brings it down to 1300. But then there's the issue of my Fitbit also giving me a negative adjustment so I think my calories will show as being extremely low.

Just curious how you all log with this program.

Replies

• Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    I know nothing about the 21 day fix, but your meal looks amazing !!!!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I don't count calories anymore, I just log what I eat (not how much) in a spreadsheet - just wanted to say that your food looks delicious!
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    If you're weighing/logging your food anyway, why do you need all those wacky overpriced containers?
  • GuacMoney
    Haha! Thanks!! I think I messed up and posted this on the main discussion board and not in the 21 day fix group....
  • GuacMoney
    If you're weighing/logging your food anyway, why do you need all those wacky overpriced containers?

I actually did a DIY version. It's just something I've seen people have success with. And I'm definitely not in the 21 day fix discussion boards.... Yikes!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Looks great! I'm on the DIY 21 Day Fix also; it was easy to find the container measurements online. Honestly, I log my food by weighing it anyway. The reason why is because since I'm on a DIY version, I wanted to make sure I was eating properly. I've hit 1200 every day, so I know I'm doing it right and can be a little more lax. As long as you're using your containers/measuring cups/spoons and you're honest about how much is in there, you'll be fine. You can eyeball your food and make an estimate in MFP if you're not strict about measuring. If your calories seem too high, adjust accordingly.