Entering Maintenance and worried

Options
I posted this here, because it is mainly a weight loss problem. Sorry if it really does belong in the Maintenance threads.

I am approaching Maintenance rather soon. I have about 4 lbs to go until I hit my goal weight. My weight loss has not been linear at all, and I didn't lose and keep it off until I started weighing and measuring everything. I've never successfully done maintenance before. I've been trying to train myself to know that there are no "bad" foods and I need to be conscious of what I'm eating in terms of portion size. Lately I've been struggling with identifying when I'm hungry or when I just want something. Both are fine, but I'd really not gorge my self on 18 slices of pizza because I'm upset or a gallon of ice cream because I think it tastes good. I really want this to the last time I've overweight.

Does anyone have anything that really helped them going into maintenance?

Replies

• leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    not in maintenance yet, however, how many calories are you eating now and what will you be bumping up to once you hit maintenance?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    The knowledge that what worked during weight loss will continue to work during maintenance has helped a lot.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    NinaSharp wrote: »
    I posted this here, because it is mainly a weight loss problem. Sorry if it really does belong in the Maintenance threads.

I am approaching Maintenance rather soon. I have about 4 lbs to go until I hit my goal weight. My weight loss has not been linear at all, and I didn't lose and keep it off until I started weighing and measuring everything. I've never successfully done maintenance before. I've been trying to train myself to know that there are no "bad" foods and I need to be conscious of what I'm eating in terms of portion size. Lately I've been struggling with identifying when I'm hungry or when I just want something. Both are fine, but I'd really not gorge my self on 18 slices of pizza because I'm upset or a gallon of ice cream because I think it tastes good. I really want this to the last time I've overweight.

Does anyone have anything that really helped them going into maintenance?

I've had a couple of phases like this recently. (I am currently one pound from maintenance.) I have also been under a lot of stress recently. I've resolved the issue by dealing (as best as I am able) with the real issue.

I don't have any advice for you other than recognize that you use food as a crutch (if you do) and try to make positive strides toward resolving what's driving you to the kitchen.

I also think that once I got down to the last few pounds, I realized that weighing 130 isn't going to look any different from weighing 134 and why not eat to maintenance whenever I want. I just got lazy as far as weight loss is concerned.
  • paris458
    paris458 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am the worst at maintenance. once I see I am gaining weight I go back to a deficit :(
  • NinaSharp
    NinaSharp Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    not in maintenance yet, however, how many calories are you eating now and what will you be bumping up to once you hit maintenance?

Currently eating 1200 a day. Planning to add about a 100 calories a week until I stop losing/stay at Goal Weight and that will be my new daily amount.