Looking for a virtual gym buddy with similar goals

Options
Sparkle7
Sparkle7 Posts: 15 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
I'm hoping to find a virtual gym buddy or two (or ten) who is interested in sharing motivation to regularly get to the gym. Ideally we'd have similar goals and check in daily via MFP. We can also exchange emails for check ins, exchanging ideas, tips, etc.

My goals are to work out 5-6 times a week and burn 600+ calories each time. I'm at my goal weight but want to lose fat and build muscle - so my workouts will have focused weight training with cardio.

The main thing is I'm looking for like minded people who are serious and dedicated to their workouts as well as helping and motivating others. Doesn't matter if you are at goal or still losing / gaining. This is about working out to be healthy and strong.

This is NOT for those selling products, coaching or looking to date. Doesn't matter if you are at goal or still losing / gaining weight. This is just about helping each other get quality workouts. Let me know if you are interested!

Replies

• dianahaynes925
    dianahaynes925 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm down, I train 6-7 days a week 90 min. A day. I'm working on losing a little bit of body fat and I'm very dedicated.
  • scottwheeler75
    scottwheeler75 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to help. Here is my workout schedule so you can see if it similar to yours. I currently swim with a masters swim team 4 days a week, M,W,F,Sa at 6:00am. Since I have been running some races in my area (just completed my 2nd half marathon), I run Tues, Thurs, and Saturday in the morning, Saturday being my long run day. My work offers Yoga classes 4 days a week, M,T,W, Th, so I take advantage of that to build strength and flexibility. I am currently maintaining my weight but considering adding a few pounds. And I am currently needing to set some new goals. I am thinking about training for a full marathon. Still undecided. I've been on this schedule for about 2 years.

Let me know if I can help!
    -Scott
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for motivation. I'm wanting to get up and run in the mornings 5-10k, 20 on Sat. I want to get back into weight training at the gym at lunch, 3X per week. I'd like to lose weight and more importantly body fat.