Lawry's seasoning salt

It has 0 calories, a total fat of 0g, sodium of 380mg, 0 carbs.... I love it on my chicken but lately have been eating it without since sugar and salt are main ingredients. What do you think?

Replies

• Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Why don't you want to eat sugar or salt? Is there a medical reason? If not there's no harm in using it in moderation.
  • alyssalucio397
    alyssalucio397 Posts: 9 Member
    hac125 wrote: »
    Why don't you want to eat sugar or salt? Is there a medical reason? If not there's no harm in using it in moderation.
    I eat chicken everyday. It's in all lunches and dinners. Using it twice a day every day is not moderation. I was wondering if eating it would be harm to my weight loss journey. I can't eat unseasoned chicken well.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    I don't use a lot of salt, but when I do, it's usually Lawry's. If you want lower your sodium intake try using salt free seasoning blends like Mrs. Dash and/or fresh herbs. Even if you still add some salt, you'll likely find that you need much less.
  • bigtone89
    bigtone89 Posts: 104 Member
    All I know is I love me some seasoned salt....damn
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Salt will not hurt your weight loss. Excess sodium can cause water retention but that doesn't stop you from losing fat. If it has 0 calories (which with labeling laws means it has less than 5 calories per serving) it can't have more than 1 gram of sugar because sugar has 4 calories per gram. To me, this all seems like a non-issue. If you like your chicken with seasoning salt on it, use the seasoning salt and enjoy your chicken.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    edited August 2015
    Try Mrs. Dash. They're salt-free and very flavorful. Win-win!

Also, start looking into herbs and spices. There is an entire world (literal, Earth) of flavor out there that is easily available online. Some are fresh at the grocery stores (the Scarborough Fair ones and a few others, usually.) Others can be ordered from Penzey's or World Spice Merchants (or bought there, if you live near one, which I no longer do, dang it.)

You won't miss the salt. After a while, you'll be delighted that you switched!! Food is better with herbs and spice than with salt!

But start with Mrs. Dash. It's cheap, easy and available in every grocery store. :)
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    hac125 wrote: »
    I eat chicken everyday. It's in all lunches and dinners. Using it twice a day every day is not moderation. I was wondering if eating it would be harm to my weight loss journey. I can't eat unseasoned chicken well.

How much seasoning salt are you using? A dash of it over your chicken even twice a day doesn't seem excessive. But if you want alternatives McCormick has some salt free mixtures called Perfect Pinch that are quite tasty. I also love lemon pepper although it has some salt in it. Very tasty on cucumbers. Mmmmm.
  • alwilson1974
    alwilson1974 Posts: 28 Member
    There is a less sodium version of Lawry's. I have not tried it, but that's an option.
  • khhregister
    khhregister Posts: 229 Member
    I haven't been using it, but you reminded me I have some in a cupboard! I'm going to start using it now! I'm all for using seasonings within reason to make food more satisfying. For instance, I often add a tsp of butter to my veggies, and it makes the flavour SO much better that it's worth the calories to me.
  • kiki_anitoni
    kiki_anitoni Posts: 40 Member
    I eat all my chicken with a teaspoon of sriracha, it's life changing!
  • paisleemendez
    paisleemendez Posts: 20 Member
    I love hot sauce. It's 0 calories and brings the flavor I want. I use Mrs dash while cooking but of I want seasoning salt I put it in too. Just less because I already have the Mrs dash.