Banana muffin recipe 1431 calories!

Options
I copied and pasted using the URL from these "healthy" banana muffins and they make 11. The calories per serving came out as 1431 for 1 muffin. I will go back, when I have time, and manually enter the ingredients. they are not double-sized muffins either!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    That can't be right.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I also have noticed whacked out calories....double check what the system "found & used" to calculate. With the recipe I tried (url) it totally screwed up the banana entry.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely don't trust the MFP recipe import tool. I've never used it.

I always manually enter my recipes using the old recipe builder, because all of MFP's new features are glitchy as hell.
  • dimplz1965
    dimplz1965 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I quick sat down and it came to 220 calories. Much better. It uses olive oil, honey, whole wheat flour, old fashioned oats, bananas, almond milk and 2 eggs and the "condiments" as I call them. Much better. I realize too there is no short cut - the old fashioned way is the way to go!
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Finding that hard to believe. when I paste in recipes, I usually have to correct the entries manually anyway.