Will having 300 - 1000 calories help losing weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Holy crap. No. You will develop an eating disorder and/or become horribly ill. Trust me when I say you do NOT want to go down that rabbit hole. Eat the recommended 1500 minimum required for healthy weight loss, and work out hard.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I haven't done much research no. How about if I make it less than 1000 but over 900? Just keep it in that range.

No, even that is a terrible idea.

Back to the drawing board.

Do some research. I assume you had some sort of anatomy education in school, which would teach you that your body needs energy. You get energy from calories. If you're eating that few calories, don't expect your body to be happy about it. You're setting yourself up to miserable, unhealthy and malnourished.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Just remember OP that you want to lose fat not lean body mass. By starving yourself like that you'll lose a lot of LBM so even if sustainable (which it isn't), you'd be left with a skinny but weak body with wasted muscles. Which frankly would not look good and would likely take many months of hard work to reverse. Don't forget your heart is a muscle, do you really want to risk damaging it to get there a month or two faster? Take it slowly, lose gradually, make it a sustainable lifestyle change and it'll be far better for you in the long run. And read the stickies! Good luck x
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Buddy, you are 19 years old and have 28 pounds to lose.....It will probably melt away if you stop eating junk, drop the fizzy pop and get out for a walk, run, game of football or bike ride now and then. PLEASE educate yourself on nutrition and don't try do do something dumb like living on crackers and hummus and starving yourself.....
  • Iceblinks490
    Iceblinks490 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of you that have given me advice! I really appreciate it! I will stick to a higher number of calories but not too much. I will also cut out the chocolate, takeaways and pop. Also I will do more exercise throughout the day, eat more fruit and veg and drink more water.

Thanks guys.
This discussion has been closed.