No Picture?!?

2»

Replies

• Furbuster
    Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
    rfsg1h8plvpf.jpg

I'm the one at the back - taken about an hour ago - not the most flattering lol...
  • conkle23
    conkle23 Posts: 171 Member
    HAHAHAHHA I love it soo MUCH!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    I have had strangers follow me from one social media site to another by finding the picture I was using on multiple sites. All together, this gave them more personal info about me than I was comfortable with. As a single woman who lives alone, that was creepy as heck and I have no intention of dealing with that again. We all leave a trail of breadcrumbs online, but I prefer to limit that as much as I can. And while I occasionally participate in the forums, I am mostly here to track calories, which is not affected by what avatar I chose. And while you might be here to support people, that doesn't mean there aren't people trolling around here for other reasons. Even with my not-me picture, I have received some fairly inappropriate personal messages here.

Plus - cat pictures! Who doesn't love cat pictures! :wink:
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    I ONLY have a picture because I wanted everyone to know that the waffle I ate was delicious...
  • sophomorelove
    sophomorelove Posts: 193 Member
    I'm sharing a lot of personal information that I have never shared with anyone before. It's liberating to be able to present yourself in a way you choose, and also getting to know other people through communication and support. Privacy is a bonus, but I also find it much easier to be honest and be truly me, when there's not an image of my face attached to my profile.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    I use a lot of pictures of myself but you do know that if you copy and paste somebodys picture into google you can usually find out all kinds of info on that person. Although this is a website for support, it is still a public site and there are probably hundreds of thousands of members not all legit.
  • bonitabrooklynbomb
    bonitabrooklynbomb Posts: 90 Member
    conkle23 wrote: »
    I have a question for you all.

I know you have added or seen that one or two or three people that might have like 4 or 5 pictures but none of them is of themselves, and if this is you please let me know.

This is a site where we do not judge people, and where we can come here for advice and support and new validation if we cannot get it through our family or friends.

Is there a certain reason you do not have a picture of yourself, are you ashamed of yourself or is it cause you just do not want people to see who you are, or you just do not care. I am really interested in knowing. This post is not to offend anyone, it is just my curiosity has gotten the best of me

I had mine up briefly but decided to take it down after receiving a few messages that seemed like they should have been on Tinder or Match.com instead of MyFitnessPal.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,135 Member
    I'm in a career where it isn't unusual for people to Google me, and i know the power of reverse image search. My clients don't need to be able to find me on a weight loss site whinging about water retention from a boozy weekend.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    I'm a purple monster that eats children. Come at me.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    I had pictures in my profile but recently deleted them. No big reason why other than having a grumpy day. I'm sure I'll put more up sometime. In the meantime I'm pretending to have shoulders as muscular as my dog Tammy.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

Plus - cat pictures! Who doesn't love cat pictures! :wink:

I love when people post pictures of their animals as an avatar. I always say your pet is a reflection of yourself in a way :)