dance workouts

Options
Hi All,
I was just looking for other members who enjoy using dance workout routines. I have started using the Rockin Body dvd's by Shaun T in the morning, then doing Just Dance in the evening. Trying to switch things up from my normal stuff. I love these ones because it doesn't feel like a chore and I am a horrible dancer so these are helping in that area too. What dance routines do you enjoy?

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I use Turbo Jam. It's kickboxing/dancing. It's taking me a few weeks to get through it. I'm up to 30 minutes and it's 50 total. I got the 1 video from Amazon but I believe it's part of a series from beachbody.
  • rubyred138
    rubyred138 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have heard of that one! I hear it's pretty fun. 30 minutes of those dance routines are so hard! By the end of mine my legs, abs, and arms are so sore. Keep up the good work!
  • MotivatingOthers
    MotivatingOthers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just did CIZE yesterday! :)
  • Adriana1440
    Adriana1440 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do zumba, sometimes on the DVDs other times I look up individual songs on YouTube and make my own Playlist. I have two play lists I use the majority of the time.
  • MissRose2005
    MissRose2005 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am looking for folks that do unconventional methods as well! I use my Wii like it is going out of style. I do EA Sports Active 2 and they set up your workout schedule 3 off 4 on. And its random so you don't plateau.

On the off days or even the on days I mix Zumba 2 ,Zumba Core and Just Dance 3 or 4 with a dash of Black Eyed Peas Experience. So far 16lbs lost!

I can't see spending extra funds in the gym. Everyone in my workplace is striving to do better however, I am on a personal mission to prove video games work if you put in on them
  • brownell06
    brownell06 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was a dancer my whole life until a nasty car accident. Now to get the weight back off, I'm focusing on dance as my cardio. I utilize Zumba (class & DVDs) & Beachbody programs - just started Cize, but there are others available to members On Demand. I also love Dance Central on my Xbox when friends are over. Love them all!!
  • randilast
    randilast Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am a Zumba fanatic! Before my second job I went to the classes three times a week for classes. Now I have a Wii U and do Zumba World Party at least once a day. I love it! I've also heard good things about the Turbo Jam from my sister, may have to try it.
  • MissRose2005
    Options
    brownell06 wrote: »
    I was a dancer my whole life until a nasty car accident. Now to get the weight back off, I'm focusing on dance as my cardio. I utilize Zumba (class & DVDs) & Beachbody programs - just started Cize, but there are others available to members On Demand. I also love Dance Central on my Xbox when friends are over. Love them all!!

Omgeeeee! I love dance central but I don't have my Xbox any more. I am glad folks do use games as a form of exercise! My favorite song was Bad Romance
  • MissRose2005
    Options
    randilast wrote: »
    I am a Zumba fanatic! Before my second job I went to the classes three times a week for classes. Now I have a Wii U and do Zumba World Party at least once a day. I love it! I've also heard good things about the Turbo Jam from my sister, may have to try it.

I have Core and Zumba 2 I find the routines a little on the hard side. Any tips? And do you use the belt or have you rigged something together?
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Zumba!
  • charleygirl0418
    charleygirl0418 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    They just came out with Cize and OMG it is awesome I have it on my beachbody demand and it is even better than rockin body. I love the Shaun T he works ya.
  • Vetey
    Vetey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love intense sweat rolling down your face Zumba, hip hop dancing and step Zumba. Step Zumba is a mixed of stepping on a raised platform while dancing.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Zumba! It's my therapy...
  • kellyyraee
    kellyyraee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love zumba! It's my number 1 workout!
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I just started CIze by Shaun T! I love it!!! Way more challenging than rockin body and hip hop abs. It doesn't feel like a workout at all!!! If you love to dance this one is the best!!! Feel free to friend me! I am looking for more CIze buddies!!!!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Jazzercise.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hooping! that's kind of dancing? Hooping to tunes with a good beat. OR just dancing around the living room like a spaz. sometimes husband will join me. :D Sometimes we go dancing at the club. There are lots of hooping instruction videos on youtube if you decide that would be fun for you.
  • abbyoncloud9
    abbyoncloud9 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like Jennifer Galardi's stuff. Somewhat easy footwork, but work up to more difficult routines. Different styles too (salsa, hip-hop, and ballet)
  • jeebieheebies
    jeebieheebies Posts: 68 Member
    Options

This is one girl's playlist of all her favorite dance workout videos. Hiphop, abs-oriented, twerking, body rolls, etc. She has more on her channel that aren't in that playlist, as well. Have fun ;)