80 Pounds in 100 Days

Options

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I am so confused. You did lose 80 lbs in 100 days, then you didn't, then you did?
    Also.....deja vu
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I am so confused. You did lose 80 lbs in 100 days, then you didn't, then you did?
    Also.....deja vu

I too am also confused by how the story has flipped back and forth.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress.

As to the confusion, it would help if you corrected your thread title to 80 or 100 pounds in 365 days. As it stands, it reads 80 pounds in 100 days. That is why some were questioning the authenticity and healthy aspect of your progress.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 857 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    And bragging about an app or device that has been working for you is not spamming, folks.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    benl324 wrote: »
    Ha, @cdal1 can't say I've ever been told that.

And to answer your question @headwind2015 my time frame was not 100 days. It was 100 pounds in 365 days.

However, because my body has adapted to not eating garbage and only taking in water instead of soda and juice, that coupled with my exercise, I ended up losing 80 pounds in 100 days.

If you want to get real personal, a major part of the problem was my diagnosis of both low testosterone and hypothyroidism, a dangerous combination. I put on 60 pounds in about three months so nothing about my weight gain nor my weight loss has been "normal".... That doesn't make it unhealthy.

I've only lost 58 pounds since I downloaded this app and started tracking... 101 days ago.

My exercise/wellness journey began before I downloaded this app. I started at 335 (my peak) and the day I first set foot on the scale, about three weeks later, I was down to 320, that is when I switched to daily tracking mode.

So if you want to get technical, I've lost 76 pounds and have gotten as low as 80 pounds in weight loss... But haven't officially logged it because my body fluctuates 5-7 pounds per day.

Also, for a person with my health and terrible lifestyle choices, I was given 2400 calories per day and apparently this app considers 1200-1500 calories per day perfectly fine... Leaving me with a surplus of at most 1200 calories per day, before exercising.

Just because I exercise, it is not used as a reason to eat more. Instead, I eat the right kind of proteins, fats and nutrients, that help tear down fat and keep my body running. I don't eat a snickers bar and then go run to make myself feel better about the food I just ate. Yes, eating bland chicken breast and turkey and spinach sucks but guess what, it works. I never said it was fun (although the exercise has become my favorite part).

Crunch all the numbers you want, tell me I'm starving myself and doing it wrong... The fact of the matter is I have never felt better in my life, my testosterone is finally producing naturally in my body again and my thyroid is functioning normally. If any of that is extreme or unhealthy, keep me in that category because I definitely will never go back to the way I was. For the first time in ten years, I don't have to take a pill or supplement to help my body regulate itself.

I've been evaluated by my internist, gastroenterologist, urologist, endocrinologist and psychologist who all agree that my new lifestyle choices, although extreme, have proven to work for me and in the end, that's all that matters. I'm sorry you haven't had as tremendous success as I have but that's no reason to doubt my improvements to my body... This community is about Support and Success Stories, not about someone adding up my caloric intake and telling me I've been running a deficit. Of course I have been... Only way to lose weight is to run a deficit. If I break even every day, I'm just staying at my current weight... At best.

Again, thank you all for your support and for those of you that still doubt me or believe I'm being unhealthy, your lack of concern or empathy only inspires me to exercise more. So again, even for those of you who doubt my actions, I can't thank you enough for reminding me that with hard work and willpower, I can accomplish my goals and negative outside forces still have no bearing on my success ;)

Awesome response. :)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Woot- you have done fabulous- Much continued SUCCESS!!!!
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Wow...congratulations!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Ha, @cdal1 can't say I've ever been told that.

And to answer your question @headwind2015 my time frame was not 100 days. It was 100 pounds in 365 days.

However, because my body has adapted to not eating garbage and only taking in water instead of soda and juice, that coupled with my exercise, I ended up losing 80 pounds in 100 days.

If you want to get real personal, a major part of the problem was my diagnosis of both low testosterone and hypothyroidism, a dangerous combination. I put on 60 pounds in about three months so nothing about my weight gain nor my weight loss has been "normal".... That doesn't make it unhealthy.

I've only lost 58 pounds since I downloaded this app and started tracking... 101 days ago.

My exercise/wellness journey began before I downloaded this app. I started at 335 (my peak) and the day I first set foot on the scale, about three weeks later, I was down to 320, that is when I switched to daily tracking mode.

So if you want to get technical, I've lost 76 pounds and have gotten as low as 80 pounds in weight loss... But haven't officially logged it because my body fluctuates 5-7 pounds per day.

Also, for a person with my health and terrible lifestyle choices, I was given 2400 calories per day and apparently this app considers 1200-1500 calories per day perfectly fine ... Leaving me with a surplus of at most 1200 calories per day, before exercising.

Just because I exercise, it is not used as a reason to eat more. Instead, I eat the right kind of proteins, fats and nutrients, that help tear down fat and keep my body running. I don't eat a snickers bar and then go run to make myself feel better about the food I just ate. Yes, eating bland chicken breast and turkey and spinach sucks but guess what, it works. I never said it was fun (although the exercise has become my favorite part).

Crunch all the numbers you want, tell me I'm starving myself and doing it wrong... The fact of the matter is I have never felt better in my life, my testosterone is finally producing naturally in my body again and my thyroid is functioning normally. If any of that is extreme or unhealthy, keep me in that category because I definitely will never go back to the way I was. For the first time in ten years, I don't have to take a pill or supplement to help my body regulate itself.

I've been evaluated by my internist, gastroenterologist, urologist, endocrinologist and psychologist who all agree that my new lifestyle choices, although extreme, have proven to work for me and in the end, that's all that matters. I'm sorry you haven't had as tremendous success as I have but that's no reason to doubt my improvements to my body... This community is about Support and Success Stories, not about someone adding up my caloric intake and telling me I've been running a deficit. Of course I have been... Only way to lose weight is to run a deficit. If I break even every day, I'm just staying at my current weight... At best.

Again, thank you all for your support and for those of you that still doubt me or believe I'm being unhealthy, your lack of concern or empathy only inspires me to exercise more. So again, even for those of you who doubt my actions, I can't thank you enough for reminding me that with hard work and willpower, I can accomplish my goals and negative outside forces still have no bearing on my success ;)

So you only consumed 1200-1500 calories??
  • benl324
    benl324 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's correct, @serah87 I only consumed 1200-1500 calories even though I was granted 2400 calories per day.

@SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage and @PikaKnight And everyone, to clarify... Not all of my weight was lost using this app nor was it tracked using this app. I should have specified that in my first paragraph.

I realize the title is misleading, I should change it but I don't have the option to... Either way, much more supporters than detractors on here, thank you all and best of luck on your journeys!
  • benl324
    Options
    @alyssagb1 thanks very much :) I like to defend my arguments with logic and reason... Something that seems lost on many people in today's world!
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    @hac125 I did lose 80 pounds in 100 days, I just didn't log everything from day one.

It's all good brother, no need to apologize. Like all my doctors have told me, it's definitely not normal to lose this much weight but I'm finally healthy and normal according to their bloodwork and tests.

Either way, everyone should continue to strive for what they find most healthy!

And hats off to you, @amynb524 you have done an incredible job!

Sis, not bro. Suppose it's kinda hard to tell from the initials or the tux wearing dog avatar. :wink:
  • benl324
    Options
    Ha, @hac125 it's all good, sister. Sorry again for our spat but I think we see eye to eye on the situation.

My subject title was a misnomer and I didn't clarify in the beginning of my story that not all health information came straight from myfitnesspal. I had been in a routine for a few weeks before I signed up.
  • chami1013
    chami1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats to you! I've lost 50 in 100 days!!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    @hac125 I did lose 80 pounds in 100 days, I just didn't log everything from day one.

It's all good brother, no need to apologize. Like all my doctors have told me, it's definitely not normal to lose this much weight but I'm finally healthy and normal according to their bloodwork and tests.

Either way, everyone should continue to strive for what they find most healthy!

And hats off to you, @amynb524 you have done an incredible job!

But.. but...the first sentence above says "I did lose 80 pounds in 100 days"
    I'm just trying to understand what you're getting at. This reminds me of a thread awhile back where eventually OP copped to having WLS
  • benl324
    Options
    @SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage what I am getting at is that, although I did not use myfitnesspal to track all my progress, I still lost 80 pounds in 100 days.

That's all I'm getting at :)
  • Megan__Marie
    Megan__Marie Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Congrats!
  • benl324
    Options
  • benl324
    Options
    Before picture was taken in March, the after pictures were taken about a week ago :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    1200-1500 calories? ay ay ay
  • benl324
    Options
    @arditarose are you saying I should eat more? Because the pictures reflect otherwise!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!