is it ok to eat most of my calories at night?

2»

Replies

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    1. Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss, gain, or maintenance. You could eat all of the calories necessary for your weight goal at 2 am and be fine.
    2. "Clean eating" has more to do with health than weight. You could eat all of your allotted calories in gummy bears and lose weight.
    3. If you like consuming that much milk, don't bother with people who say you shouldn't. Not sure how you're drinking that much milk and staying within your calories, but that's none of my business.
    4. IIFYM/flexible eating is indeed real. See point #2.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited August 2015
    1. Meal timing is irrelevant to weight loss, gain, or maintenance. You could eat all of the calories necessary for your weight goal at 2 am and be fine.

3. If you like consuming that much milk, don't bother with people who say you shouldn't. Not sure how you're drinking that much milk and staying within your calories, but that's none of my business.

Meal timing doesn't typically matter for adults, but if, as I strongly suspect based on the OP's writing style, questions, and logic, the OP is a teenager (and not 18 as they've written on their profile), it is probably a good idea for them to eat during the day so they can have energy for learning and studying and playing sports and whatever else growing kids do.

If you're under 18, OP, you really should go to the appropriate forum (Spark Teens http://www.sparkteens.com/ ).
  • vidalsouza6
    vidalsouza6 Posts: 16 Member
    Im 18.
    2 L of milk are 640 calories.
    These days im working so i can only eat at 8am, 2pm and after work. Im always in a 500-1000 calorie deficit but i still gain a lot of weight when i binge or sth. But i dont think i have surpass my calorie limit. I might go to a chinese buffet
    Do you recommend it?? What about carbs? Im trying to get big but with low fat gain
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    A calorie at 8pm is the same as one at 8am.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    :o 32 oz milk ! That seems like huge now that I only go for 8oz but it sure made me remember my glorious old days; me +the box of corn flakes + gallon of milk + tv B)
  • vidalsouza6
    The problem is that since i started dieting i am sad, dizzy all day long, worrying about food, losing contact with friends and countinf all day calories and sometimes starving myself…
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Open up your food diary if you want people to give you more specific advice, sounds like you aren't getting what you need.
  • tomatoey
    The problem is that since i started dieting i am sad, dizzy all day long, worrying about food, losing contact with friends and countinf all day calories and sometimes starving myself…

It sounds a lot like you're not eating enough.
    ultrahoon wrote: »
    Open up your food diary if you want people to give you more specific advice, sounds like you aren't getting what you need.

This
  • vidalsouza6
    How do i do that?
  • tomatoey
    How do i do that?

Go to "Food" (second tab from the left on the blue bar at the top of the screen, when you're logged in via computer)
    Then click on "Settings" (from within "Food")
    Scroll down to "Diary Sharing" and select "Public"
  • vidalsouza6
    Does eating carbs at nifht make you fat?
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Im 18.
    2 L of milk are 640 calories.
    These days im working so i can only eat at 8am, 2pm and after work. Im always in a 500-1000 calorie deficit but i still gain a lot of weight when i binge or sth. But i dont think i have surpass my calorie limit. I might go to a chinese buffet
    Do you recommend it?? What about carbs? Im trying to get big but with low fat gain

Even with Low fat (1.5%) milk it's almost 1000 calories.