What do you miss?

Options

Replies

• LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I've finally settled into this enough that I don't really miss anything.

Last Saturday I took the boys to the Zoo (was supposed to rain Sunday) and I had a regular lemonade, 1/2 of my little ones Ice cream cone because he didn't want it and on the way home some killer fish tacos w/beans and rice.

I didn't bother to log it. It was pretty good, but it sure isn't going to make me fall off the wagon.

I'm pretty much in this boat...I eat a lot of nutritious and healthy **** most of the time and I love it...but I don't sweat it when I have a cookie or take my kid to the ball game and we stuff our faces with nachos and hot dogs...those are isolated events, not routine happenings...and they're a part of life, so it's best that they can be worked into my good livin'

Yep. Plus I mean this as no offense to anyone but I myself find it kind of douchey to just turn EVERYTHING around you down because of the way that you eat.

Example: Family BBQ. Lets face it there are VERY few things that are healthy at a GOOD BBQ. So just suck it up and have a plate. Deal with it by going the extra mile, or logging fewer cals the next day or two.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think we all need a group hug after all this. :cry:

BIG XOXO's ♥
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    honestly nothing if there's something that I really want to eat I will eat it I just don't go overboard and make sure to watch how much of it I have, but there's nothing that I have given up that I regret I already feel so much better
  • trailtripper
    Options
    Knee walking, elbow dragging, commode hugging drunk, never did drink often but sometimes.......................
    Now I limit myself to no more than at the absolute most 4 drinks in one day. (Sigh)
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I miss being able to eat without thinking about how many calories something has.

^^^ This.
    I haven't really cut anything out of my diet, so there isn't anything I truly miss.... Other than just eating and not thinking of calories.
    I know some people can do that and do fine, but I can't. Because I WILL eat half that pan of brownies and call it dinner. And it WILL cost me my calories for the next 5 days. hahaha :ohwell:
    I'm not at the point in my life where I can stop counting. I need to count EVERYTHING.......
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    There really isn't anything I miss, as I still do things in moderation. However, I will say that every once in a while I will splurge. But even doing that, I don't eat nearly what I used to. :bigsmile:
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm a primarily vegan "flexitarian" and my fiance and I just moved from the LA and beach cities area of California to El Paso, Texas. I don't miss LA or the beach, but I miss the weather there, and I especially miss all of the vegan/vegetarian friendly restaurants. The first time we went out to eat here we went to a bar and grill style restaurant. I asked about the different salads and the waitress told me about all of the different meats that are on the salads. I told her I'm a vegetarian and she just looked at me like, "Why are you here?" Then she went to the corner with all of her little waitress friends and they all stared at me from their little cliquey corner for the remainder of our meal.
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I told her I'm a vegetarian and she just looked at me like, "Why are you here?" Then she went to the corner with all of her little waitress friends and they all stared at me from their little cliquey corner for the remainder of our meal.

Aww :-( I'm sorry!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Mindless eating just for the joy of it. I mean, no thought or judgement on myself for truly enjoying the induldgence. Though, I know deep down how unhealthy that was, it doens't mean it wasn't satidfying at some level...heck, on many levels. lol.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I miss lardacious weekends full of chocolate, takeaways and bad food decisions......never having to think about food choices, the only consideration being what I fancied rather than what I could afford calorie-wise!

I love eating which is one of the reasons I'm here today :happy:
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Actually....nothing. If I want cake I eat a small piece. Whatever I want I eat it in moderation. Portion control is the key for me.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    nothing really because i eat whatever i feel like lol. but i actually do miss chipotle because we moved and there isn't one close by. sad face.
  • njconat
    njconat Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I miss being able to eat and not worry about it. I dont mind logging my food because I know it helps me but sometimes it is so hard to choose a salad when there is a greasy burger and onion rings on the menu.

22551224.png
  • BIGGGMOMMMA
    BIGGGMOMMMA Posts: 190
    Options
    I have never really had much of a sweet tooth until I diet, then I crave cake ,cookies, and chocolate. How weird huh? I'm more the pasta,bread,chips and soda eater. So yesterday I was looking through my kitchen for a sweet substitute and couldn't find anything! I was like a crackhead looking for a rock crumb! hahaha Finally I settled on half a pb&j sandwich (sugarfree jelly) and 1% milk. Ughh I've been doing well for 19 days and this is my first hair pulling food craving I have had so far....But I survived! :drinker:
  • SlimT05
    SlimT05 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Nothing really..I like eating healthy and how I feel, but I don't restrict myself and have a cheat meal or snack here and there. It gives me something to look forward to. The quote that I love the most is "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". When I think of how I feel losing weight, there is no food or snack that tastes that good to take away that feeling.
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    Not being cold all the dang time.......! And the cushion of my butt...
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Weird I still eat everything I want - it's called moderation.

But I can't really find a good thick NY cheesecake here in CA. So I guess that.
  • drawingfitness
    Options
    I miss eating greasy foods and doritos.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want, I fit it into my macros and calories for the day, I don't ever binge because I'm not depriving myself of foods I like to eat. I don't hold to the notion that there are a certain number of "clean foods" and if I eat anything else than I am doing something wrong. Restricting yourself to a handful of "clean foods" can regularly lead to binges, and that is not healthy. IIFYM eat it!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I miss being able to eat copious amounts of my favorite foods in front of the television.

Don't get me wrong I still enjoy my favorites, just not in ridiculous amounts.