Stuck and Frustrated- metabolism kickstart

Options
I know my wife tells me that it will level out but I am stuck and frustrated.

I finally hit 199 but over the course of the week moved up and down. Now I am consistently at 201 regardless of what I do. Tried cutting down on the carbs and upping the workout numbers and it still stays the same.

Im hoping that this is just retention because I am currently a little "under the weather' but Im not sure.

Does anyone have a good trick on how to kickstart your metabolism again? Sorry for complaining...just concerned and since Im not cheating and already working out, Im not sure what else to do!

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you last saw a loss on the scale. One week or two is nothing to worry about and completely normal. If it's been longer than that it may be time to reassess your plan.
  • jseals121403
    Options
    I am going on week 2. I had a big detox day last saturday coupled with a big workout so I showed a loss on Sunday but it came right back.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Are you possibly working out too much and not eating enough? If that's the case your body will go into starvation mode...
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    A few "cheat" days may be just what you need. Have you looked into calorie cycling? Maybe you should try that? It is basically fluctuating your calorie intake from day to day, but not really 'cheating' as your average intake over a week's time is exactly your goal intake. The low days can be tough but the high days can be lots of fun, and they give you a chance to eat some of those "cheat" foods that you would normally avoid. Keeps your body guessing...

Just a thought!
  • shayleac
    shayleac Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I was at the same weight for a month and a half.
    Less sodium (under 2000mg), lots of water and more time put in the gym.
    I am down 1.6lbs finally after a week of this.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options