Full licence to tell me what I'm doing wrong :)

Options
2»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    MissAbbee wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Ok so to be more specific about little things you could improve...

- more protein
    - more fat
    - I'd replace the regular yogurts by Greek yogurt for extra protein
    - I'd eat less rice and replace it with more veggies
    - I'd ditch the cereal and milk for breakfast, personally, for something with more protein and fat, but if it works for you, *shrug*
    - more veggies and fruit
    - I'd log your week ends, no matter how awful they are, so you're not surprised if you don't lose
    - I'd eat more variety, but that's just me. I'd be so sick of chicken and rice by now LOL.

If I'm adding more fat and proteins are you suggesting a low carb diet? How low would you suggest?

Not necessarily. I always went with 40% carb 30% protein 30% fat while losing, mostly because protein and fat are more filling. And when I eat carbs, I try to go for carbs with a good amount of fiber... so I don't really have rice very often and typically would rather have whole grain pasta or potatoes. But I also like treats and would rather save the calories from rice for a bit of ice cream, so there's that...

But if you're not hungry with your diet, carbs are fine really. The main reason I suggested more protein is to help you maintain your muscle mass.
  • supersocks117
    supersocks117 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Are you losing? Are you hungry? It seems like you are hitting your macros so other than take a multivitamin if you aren't going to eat more variety, I don't see a serious issue. (Other than I, personally, would be starving and bored eating what you are - though I get it to some extent, I often have the same breakfast every day or snack every day)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    MissAbbee wrote: »
    You could eat a lot more veggies!
    Also, I would get tired of babybel everyday. There are so many wonderful cheeses that you can weigh and portion out.
    I don't think I noticed fresh fruit that much either.
    Nuts are a great nutritious snack when weighed and portioned out!

I go with babybel because they're already pre portioned, but I'll take all your points on board :)

Not any healthier, necessarily, but FWIW, I've been able to find lots of different pre-portioned cheeses in the 40-70 calorie range, for variety's sake. Some examples are 2% milk string cheese, Supremo Queso Fresco, Kraft Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese Bars (2%), BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella Snacking Cheese, Jarlsberg Minis.

Oh, wait - that's a topic hijack, sorry. On topic: Yes, more fruits and veggies - selected carefully, they'll give you more micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, . . .) and fiber without adding many calories. Since you like pre-portioned, consider taking a day or two a week and trimming some longer-keeping raw veg & storing in water in the fridge to eat occasionally - I'm talking celery, carrots, radishes, that sort of thing.

• hannibalholt89
    hannibalholt89 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    just depends on your goal your diet seems pretty in tact. If you do want better results, then you basically answered your own question, your weekends are normally where you kind of ease off your diet, so maybe get a bit more strict on weekends doesn't mean you have to be as strict as week days.