Just a 25 year old looking to get control of his life

Options
Hey everyone who bothers to read this. So I really don't know how much to put here but when I was 18 I decided I wanted to join the Air Force. I walked into the recruitment office and got told I wouldn't be able to join due to how fat I was. I never worked out, nor did I attend gym besides what I needed to to pass. I was 245 lbs and I needed to get down to 180 just to get accepted to go to bootcamp and then needed to be down to 150 to pass bootcamp. So I trained with my friends who were all state and varsity athletes for the various sports they did. They helped me get down to 180 and then at the age of 19 I left for bootcamp. In bootcamp I dropped another 35 lbs putting me at 145. It felt nice losing that 100 lbs.

The problem is losing my support, my drive, various injuries over the years, and a *kitten* relationship all wrapped up and mixed with laziness caused me to get back up to 199 lbs. I am not obese but simply just dont feel attractive or comfortable in my skin. So I decided I absolutely need to get back on the horse and start training again. I just simply wanted to stop by, maybe make some acquaintences or friends with people who have had the same struggle or are going through similar stuff, and get back in shape.

TL;DR I let life make me gain a majority of the weight I lost when I was younger and just saying hello

Replies

• melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great tool. Support made a huge difference for me. Plugging in everyday and being accountable helps to keep our goals in sight.
    I log everyday and I log everything. Feel free to add me.
  • ShellyakaLady
    ShellyakaLady Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Good Morning, you have made great accomplishments so never lose sight of where you came from. Also, don't be so hard on yourself, we are our worst critics. Try to remain as positive as you can and if you lost a relationship in the process then see it as it either wasn't meant to be or you both have a lot of growing up to do apart. Keep your head up and keep moving because you're a real encouragement to many because your story certainly encouraged me... Stay connected and always no matter what continue to make the best decisions for life.
    God bless you...
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
    This has been a great tool to break old bad habits and learn to live a new, transformed life.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • kmart0819
    kmart0819 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    melduf wrote: »
    Welcome! MFP is a great tool. Support made a huge difference for me. Plugging in everyday and being accountable helps to keep our goals in sight.
    I log everyday and I log everything. Feel free to add me.

Thanks Melduf. I don't know if I will log everyday because If I am dieting seriously like I use to I will be eating the same thing 4 days in a row, but the community might help. So may log in often to check the community out and log days I stray from the same meals.
    Good Morning, you have made great accomplishments so never lose sight of where you came from. Also, don't be so hard on yourself, we are our worst critics. Try to remain as positive as you can and if you lost a relationship in the process then see it as it either wasn't meant to be or you both have a lot of growing up to do apart. Keep your head up and keep moving because you're a real encouragement to many because your story certainly encouraged me... Stay connected and always no matter what continue to make the best decisions for life.
    God bless you...

Thank you ShellyakaLady. We do lose sight of stuff as humans, especially goals.
    Hello and welcome!
    This has been a great tool to break old bad habits and learn to live a new, transformed life.
    GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Pinnacle_IAO.