Not eating any fruit or vegetables...?

Options
Hi Everyone!

I basically haven't been eating any cooked vegetables since giving birth? I am eating the odd apple or raw vegetable maybe twice a week...any ideas how to get back into liking them? Has this happened to anyone?

Replies

• LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I've always had that problem!! I could take all the junk food and replace it with fruits and veggies and it would go to waste. I've never had a craving for them. I do eat fruits & veggies if it's there but i won't go and seek them out.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    spices/salt
    I am a picky eater. I learned to love grilled asparagus with olive oil and sea salt
    cucumbers and laughing cow cheese
    sea salt and green beans
    smoked salt also give an interesting dimension, same with Lawry's

when making steak, I swish my veggies around in the leftover steak juice

also veggies do not need to be cooked. I don't really like the cooked texture of most veggies. carrots=gag, spinach=double gag
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Make big salads/bowls with veggies, cooked or raw, and maybe some rice or quinoa, if you like it, with your favorite protein. Look for some recipes that appeal, and make it a goal to try 1-2 a week to have as a side for dinner. Roasted veggies with various spices are really good. Also, roast/cook with bacon, that makes everything better. You could also try your hand at making soup. If you want to eat more fruit, use it as a dessert/snack or add it to yogurt or oatmeal. All that being said, don't "force" yourself to eat foods you don't enjoy!
  • curvy_gamer_loses
    curvy_gamer_loses Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If you don't enjoy eating plain old fruits and veggies, don't force it. You will get sick of it quickly, I know I do. You could try "sneaking" in veggies to meals. I babysit VERY picky kiddos. They will gag if they see a piece of lettuce on their plate. For dinners, I like to chop up veggies into tiny little pieces and put them in pasta sauce. Zucchini, bell peppers and squash most of the time. You could try that, the veggies aren't very noticeable. Or for breakfasts, I am able to sneak in a ton of veggies into omelets. They've eaten mushrooms, peppers, and onions and didn't even notice! I like the soup idea Jen mentioned. For getting fruits in, the only thing I can think of (that's not already mentioned) is fruit salad for dessert or maybe a smoothie.
  • Kexessa
    Kexessa Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Luckily I like most vegetables. I really like big salads, with spinach though instead of lettuce. Not much of a fan of lettuce. Stir fry is a good way to get lean meat and lots of different vegetables if you prefer them cooked. Roasted vegetable pizza. In spaghetti or alfredo sauce. You can almost pulverize zucchini, carrots, squashes, mushrooms etc. in a food processor and add them to meatballs. It lowers the calories of each meatball too. Or take the pulverized vegetables and mix in a bit of shredded swiss and make stuffed chicken breast, pork chops etc.

But fruit, I just don't like fruit. I like some berries and mangos. That's about it. So, I just don't eat fruit. I know I should, but I just can't.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    A lot of fruits and veggies give me the farts. So, it's not that I don't like them...but my body has something to say too! I just eat the ones that matter and offer the most nutritional value, such as spinach, avocados, bananas, and rarely an apple.

Quite honestly, they are not a necessity in a diet, because many other foods have the nutrients fruit and veggies contain. People just like them because they are, for the most part, fat free.
  • 215in2015
    215in2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really only like Broccoli so I have it several times per week