About to give up :/

Options
Had cupcake last night and this morning.

Replies

• Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Had cupcake last night and this morning.
    So, that makes you want to give up?
    Come on Missy, buck up. You had a mere setback, so don't let that derail you.

We've all had such days. It took me 2 years to lose 100 pounds, and it was no steady downward line.
    I failed miserably several days.
    Remember, you're not a failure until you stop trying.

Good luck to you
    <3
  • crucibleofwill
    crucibleofwill Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Never give up! Get back started now. You can do it! I lost 40 lbs February - may then decided I needed a break. Back up 10 lbs... So not worth it - back working hard and already feeling better! Little compromises can lead to pounds quickly!
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Is your life not worth more than calories?

Having a cupcake and possibly going over your daily goal is not a setback. It is being a fallible human being.
  • TuffChixRule
    TuffChixRule Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Two cupcakes will definitely not derail your weight loss. To quote Taylor Swift, "Shake It Off" and move on. It is not the end of the world! I've done a lot worse since I started. Please don't give up, you can do this :)
  • Missy19772015
    Missy19772015 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This is exactly what I need, help keeping me motivated. You all are the best! I will just eat a lighter lunch.
  • KateMonster924
    KateMonster924 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A couple cupcakes aren't the end of the world! Refocus on your end goal/results and think about why you started on this path. Don't give up! Maybe exercise today or extra if you already have been working out. Keep going!!
  • desssssss
    desssssss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You've got this don't give up!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You're going to give up because of 2 cupcakes??? So about 600-700 calories would make you quit?

Stop trying to be perfect, set a realistic calorie goal, don't be overly restrictive. If you go over one day log it and move on tomorrow is a day to start fresh.

I eat ice cream, cupcakes or some dessert every night and have lost over 100 lbs. But, if you're willing to give up so quickly you might not be ready to lose the weight.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Were they good? I'm asking for a friend. ;)

Cupcakes happen. You could've eaten the whole batch, so 2 is doing well imo.
  • BasicGreatGuy
    BasicGreatGuy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This is exactly what I need, help keeping me motivated. You all are the best! I will just eat a lighter lunch.

Never forget, that the essence of a woman is not found in her physical body. It is found in her heart and soul. Look inside. You have the heart. You have the will. You have the soul. Allow yourself to be human. Give yourself the gift of being you, instead of trying to live up to rigid guidelines every moment of every day. Living life like that is like seeing the sun without being able to feel its warmth.
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Are there anymore cupcakes left? if yes get rid of them now, they are too powerful, or just log them and move on!
  • Missy19772015
    Missy19772015 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Are there anymore cupcakes left? if yes get rid of them now, they are too powerful, or just log them and move on!

No none left, thank goodness!
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Were they good? I'm asking for a friend. ;)

Cupcakes happen. You could've eaten the whole batch, so 2 is doing well imo.

This should be a T-Shirt... :lol:

I've been there too! Then I learned (really learned) something. I am not and will never be perfect, and I have not and never will stop craving unhealthy things! Soooo, I just had to figure a way to fit them in! This month alone I've had ice cream, brownies, pie, alcohol, cheeseburgers, bbq pork/ribs, etc. all while struggling with a balance disorder that prevented me from working out as much as I wanted to. I still lost 5.2 lbs! It's not about being restrictive and eating only boiled chicken and broccoli, it's about learning to moderate your food so that it fits in your calorie goals and understanding that life (and being human) will always get in the way. Stay here on MFP with us and add us as friends. We can learn from each other how to do this thing forever!

If you feel the need to make a change in how you operate, consider buying a fitbit and a food scale so that you can monitor your CI/CO more accurately and indulge in moderation.
  • Jennitalia14
    Jennitalia14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cupcakes do happen. Because they are delicious. I will say for me the more I forbid foods, the more I crave them. It's helped me to face myself mentally when I see these kinds of foods and decide I don't want that kind of addiction anymore.

Regardless, you're right on track. Get it!
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i had a whole sleeve of graham crackers and a small piece of chocolate last night...record it and move on. but enjoy the darn cupcake while eating it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I don't get it. You had 2 cupcakes and you want to give up? Give up what exactly? Losing weight? 2 cupcakes changed your way of thinking to "I'd like to just be fat"?? How? Why?
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You need to keep things in perspective. If you give up at the slightest setback then it makes your journey a very brittle and stressful one. Dieting doesnt have to be such a worryfest, its soemthing you do to yourself.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Were they gluten free? If not then you might as well give up.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    This totally jogged my memory of something just astounding I saw at Trader Joes the other day. Dark chocolate covered, peanut-butter filled cupcakes. Shockingly, only 290 calories apiece.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You know what? I had a chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles in it Monday evening. How much did I worry about it? 0. You know why? Because I walk like a boss. My goal is 10k steps or more/day, and I balanced out the cupcake with a smaller dinner and more walking. Don't give up for a silly little reason like that; you can do this!!!!!