Married Marine Vet looking to get FIT again

Options
Hello everyone,
I am a Marine Corps Vet who got out of the service in 2005 after serving for 8 years. I have since put on a good bit of weight and are out of shape. I am looking to get fit, get healthy and lose weight as well as get back down to what I weighed in the Marines.

I have a great spouse who joined the gym with me and we will be starting. We are both looking to ton and get lean and get healthy together...

What great motivation this is going to be.. I will drive her when she needs it and she will drive me when I need it..

Thanks everyone.

Replies

• bashfulgemini81
    bashfulgemini81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Having a great support system helps so much. You both can reach your goals together! =)
  • DBrooks1979
    DBrooks1979 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yes Christismith81 we can... I need to work on my midsection and lose the belly.. and My wife wants to work on tonning and getting her heart rate back up doing cardio.. so together we will work together on this...

• DBrooks1979
    Options
    Anyone reading this I would love to make friends here as I am just getting started after 10 years of no work outs what so ever.
  • Pinnacle_IAO
    Pinnacle_IAO Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I am a Marine Corps Vet who got out of the service in 2005 after serving for 8 years. I have since put on a good bit of weight and are out of shape. I am looking to get fit, get healthy and lose weight as well as get back down to what I weighed in the Marines.

I have a great spouse who joined the gym with me and we will be starting. We are both looking to ton and get lean and get healthy together...

What great motivation this is going to be.. I will drive her when she needs it and she will drive me when I need it..

Thanks everyone.
    Semper Fi...

waa74ftssrwm.jpg

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard brother!

I was basically in the same situation a year ago when the wife turned me onto MFP. Put on ~75 lbs transitioning to a cushy civilian life, but down >50 lbs since I started logging and training again.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    First off thank you for your service.

Second, whoever is struggling to lose weight please get shold of me. I have used a program that has helped me tremendously. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is my personal email I can give my phone number through an email if you are seriously interested in losing weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information
    For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups
    Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam.

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.
  • DBrooks1979
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    First off thank you for your service.

Second, whoever is struggling to lose weight please get shold of me. I have used a program that has helped me tremendously. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is my personal email I can give my phone number through an email if you are seriously interested in losing weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

7. Do Not Publish Private Contact Information
    For your safety, do not post personal information such as telephone numbers, emails, mailing addresses, chat or instant messenger IDs, etc.

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups
    Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam.

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising
    a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to; posts that contain links to offsite blog posts and social media. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc.

ty for these rules... I have read them.. and never post things like my personal info.. and I have read that you all prefer that I only post a topic in the best place possible and I don't do advertising, fund-raising or self promotion online.