Just needed a big fat whinge

Options
natajane
natajane Posts: 295 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
Just spent 30 mins on the phone to a personal trainer who's classes I was interested in, and he wanted me to bare my soul. I obliged - answered his questions about why i want to lose weight, how i think i should do it, what do i think would happen if i do nothing, what did i struggle with etc.

At the end of it all, he tells me he can't help me.

(Because he doesn't work as late as I'd need him - i'm a mum and I don't come downstairs from putting my toddler to bed until 7.30pm.)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Feel like crying. It was just his words- '' I can't help you''. I don't know why but it hurt a part of me. Probably because I'd just been super honest about all my eating and exercise faults and after all of that, had no positive outcome!

I will look for help starting to exercise elsewhere, but that was a poo way to spend half an hour.

Moan over.

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    These forums can help you better than that guy.
  • racheltrevino22
    racheltrevino22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your ordeal. You have every right to be upset, not only with the situation but with him as well. If he had time constraints, he should have addressed them before having you divulge such personal information. Consider yourself lucky for not working with him and try to find someone else. You may want to address your time constraints first. Don't give up!!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Ugh. His first question should have been "what kind of schedule do you need". :( Sorry you had to divulge a bunch of personal info unnecessarily.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys, it felt good to share that rather than be sad in silence and go and eat something!

X
  • Freedom2010
    Freedom2010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As disappointing as that conversation was, at least it shed light on what has been kept hidden. It will definitely get easier to talk about your struggles as you find support and success. I agree with everyone else, he should have had more discernment and tact. Don't go eat, go for a walk! I keep my 2 year old granddaughter and as soon as she is picked up, I hit the gym or the pavement. Everyone on this forum is tremendously knowledgeable and encouraging. You can do this!!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Frankly, that was a jerk trainer and you're better off without him! At the very least he should have recommended a colleague with a potentially more flexible schedule, rather than such a curt (and insensitive) reply.

As @yopeeps025 mentioned, you can get a LOT of help on these forums! There are a lot of experienced people here who are willing to give you advice for free! Don't get discouraged!