Anyone else "Skinny fat" - "Healthy" BMI and so on, but really, really poor fitness?

Options
2»

Replies

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I was pretty athletic. Played tennis, and was outside a lot. Fast forward 20 years later and I had my 2nd kid and got up to 200 lbs then lost 50 pretty quick and thought I was almost to goal weight and was fairly fit. Nope!! Several months ago I would climb the stairs in my house and be winded and my knees would hurt going back down them. I just figured it was old age. NOPE!! I started lifting and doing a little HIIT and what do you know, I wasn't winded anymore and my knees stopped hurting. I'm literally only a few lbs from where I started but I just feel much fitter and stronger.
  • bkate24
    bkate24 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    KateTii wrote: »
    I have always been at a "healthy weight".

I started going to the gym to change my body from being described as "Skinny" to "strong" and found that I have no strength whatsoever. I can't leg press much, I can't squat barely anything and I can't lift much.

The progress has been slow due to cutting but definitely going somewhere.

This is me too. I have seen progress over 5 weeks of working out 2-4 times a week (plus like 2+ hour walks and more general activity), but it's slow. I'm still way above average. : (