How often should I go to the gym?

Options
I signed up for a gym membership a few days ago and went for the first time on Tuesday. Since then my leggs have been killing me, and while I didn't go to the gym yesterday, I did spend over an hour mowing the lawn. My legs are still hurting today and I'm wondering if I should try and push through the pain and go to the gym anyway, or if I should take a day off? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Take a long walk to stretch out your muscles. Unless you can tell you pulled something, you can typically push through the pain (unless it becomes unbearable). You can definitely go everyday...if you don't want to push through the pain, if it's just the legs, work your upper body. Search some ab & arm work outs online and just do those at home. Self.com has a great ab work out from Jewel on their website right now.
  • MissIrvine84
    Options
    Thanks! I only plan to go for 30 minutes and only use the treadmill. I think I am going to go because if I don't, I know I will feel guilty. Heck, I already do! My boyfriend has made it to the gym every morning since we got our membership. Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    You can workout up to 6 days per week....its recommended to have a rest day to recoup your body......

When you get to gym just try and take it slow and test the waters to see how you feel......You may not have worked out in a while and your body is just sore and tired.......

However you could have also pulled something

So take it easy and see how you feel......

Goodluck