Thyroid issues!

Options
Does anyone have a slow thyroid? I found out today that I do! I have felt sluggish and tired for months and my doctor said that my thyroid could be the reason for it! Soooo since last week I have walked and jogged everyday! I've lost 6 pounds since Tuesday! I just want to know more and see what I can do! Just wondering if anyone has had these issues??? Help.(:

Replies

• kristinrenee6712
    kristinrenee6712 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    *last Tuesday
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). I lost the weight (and have kept it off) by learning to log everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.

I followed the advice in the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Marciajake88
    Marciajake88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thyroid disease is hell on earth. That's all there is to it. Best of luck staying on track.
  • mfm143
    mfm143 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 6 years ago - had a bout of thyroid cancer 2 yrs later and had a complete thyroidectomy - I am here 4 years later in full remission - get the right meds ( talk to your doc ) and you ll balance out - it's not a game changer - but you will need help via synthetic hormones (ie synthyroid, etc). Also stay away from soy based products as this can interfere with thyroid function/meds. Best of luck !
  • blthulhu
    blthulhu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and have done for about 8 years. I'm on Levothyroxine & just trying to stay honest to myself by logging everything.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged and stay positive - has the doc confirmed anything or is this just a suspicion?

Several elite athletes have hypothyroidism and performing at the top of their game. Jillian Michaels has Hashimoto's.
  • hilaryrpaul
    hilaryrpaul Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    monkeypet wrote: »
    I have hypothyroidism and have done for about 8 years. I'm on Levothyroxine & just trying to stay honest to myself by logging everything.
    I have the same thing but it's only been 2 years which is when I started gaining weight. I've found that logging your food and even just doing 30 minutes of yoga or some sorta excerise helps me feel better everyday.