Paleo?

Options
I'm trying to start paleo and was wondering if anyone who is out there doing paleo would like to help me.

just looking for a buddy to walk me through it.

Replies

• lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You will get a lot of people who knock paleo, but for me and my body type, it works best. I take more of a primal approach and include some dairy.

If you need support, I'm all ears! You can do it.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    I have no comments related to your post, but that avatar makes no sense! Jesus was way, way, after Noah. I am flooded with mixed emotions about this.
  • lejoie
    lejoie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have no comments related to your post, but that avatar makes no sense! Jesus was way, way, after Noah. I am flooded with mixed emotions about this.

/wins
  • karisbear
    karisbear Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    let me sort your emotions
  • mrsredneckmorris
    mrsredneckmorris Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My family eats a lot of Paleo meals. We like Diane Sanfillipo's books Practical Paleo, the 21 day Sugar Detox. Both have really fantastic recipes and a ton of super easy to digest information on how/why to go paleo. Her website is called balanced bites...tons of recipes, podcasts etc.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    jaynesje wrote: »
    You will get a lot of people who knock paleo, but for me and my body type, it works best. I take more of a primal approach and include some dairy.

There's a difference between a Paleo diet, and a Ketogenic diet. A Ketogenic diet has it's merits. A Paleo diet is backed by absolutely zero science and is completely absurd. The choice is yours...
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    jaynesje wrote: »

You called that right in your first few words. :)

I have a mixed approach with the only hard rule is to keep the carbs < 50 grams daily. The SAD way of eating had about taken me out after all of these years. I do dairy that is low carb but do not do any grain.