This program is not working and is extremely frustrating

I am trying to get started in logging my food. The first time using this program. I search for a food in the data base to add, and immediately I get kicked over to an advertisement. The screen to add a food is passed and the add comes up. I cannot add a food and therefor the program is useless. Please get this fixed! Ok and as a first time user I go to post this message in technical support / help and I am told I don't have permission to post my plea for help?!?! What awful customer service.

Replies

• ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    What platform are you using?
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Use the help feature as it says in the now defunct help forum section.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Technical support is an archived forum, as stated in the top post. Nobody can post in there. Your best bet is to post in Suggestions/Feedback (especially if it's an issue you're having in iOS or Android), or click Help at the top of the page and create a ticket stating your problem.
  • I use Ad Blocker Plus so no ads for me!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    I use Ad Blocker Plus so no ads for me!

I use this too and it's amazing. It's also free! I never get ads anymore :smile:

• vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    I've had this problem. An MFP tech told me to scroll down on the (blank) page and I would find the page. It's a pain (they've assured me they're working on it, but this has been going on for weeks) but it will get me the information I need.

So try scrolling down. Maybe it will work for you too!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    What awful customer service.

You get what you pay for? While the app might not always be perfect it is FREE. Therefore we are not exactly customers. With the exception of those who use the premium version...

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I have logged 1438 straight days with this app, both using my iPhone and my computer, with no problems at all. I don't get ads popping up on either, definitely not my laptop because I use an adblocker, and therefore see zero ads, but i don't have problems with the app on my phone either.

Whatever it is, I hope you get it worked out - MFP has been fabulous for me.

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,178 Member
    adidrea wrote: »

I use this too and it's amazing. It's also free! I never get ads anymore :smile:
    I third this :)
  • TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member

yup

• Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    edited August 2015
    yeah, I also see the ads, you just have to scroll down. I could do without them, but then I recognize that MFP are entitled to make some money to keep the lights on, so I put up with them.

I am not sure why they are so convinced that I am an "MMO Mature Gamer" though (anyone else get that one constantly? Some tart in a mini skirt staring meaningfully into the camera?)

I play World of Warcraft, but that does not make me a loveless dork looking for pretend romance. I haz boyfriend.

Ah.. advertising algorithms.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    AmyRhubarb wrote: »
    I have logged 1438 straight days with this app, both using my iPhone and my computer, with no problems at all. I don't get ads popping up on either, definitely not my laptop because I use an adblocker, and therefore see zero ads, but i don't have problems with the app on my phone either.

Whatever it is, I hope you get it worked out - MFP has been fabulous for me.

+1