Scales lied to me back 3kgs!

I am very early in my journey to lose 50lbs now 55lbs I started weighing myself and logging with my old scales and decided today to buy electronic ones... My old scales were wrong, I know that the numbers shouldn't matter, I have lost but it feels like a set back. I don't want t log my weight because it looks like I gained .... So silly. Purely psychological but it nearly derailed me! Emotional eating is my thing... but I caught myself by weighing a sensible amount of cheat food I am still under my calorie goal but man!!!! So easy to lose heart over the smallest thing.

Replies

• Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Nothing worse! I had the same with my food scales turns out they were under weighting everything i weighed so i was basically eating far more cals than i logged! Little tantrum ensued then i picked myself up and carried on but with better scales.

Don't log the weight if you don't want to look like you've gained, i only log losses myself lol!
  • cherrybunbun
    cherrybunbun Posts: 3 Member
    I know how that feels! thats Why i suggest you stop using the scale and use measurements, measurements never lie! or weight your water weight etc, Use measurement tape (chest, waist, thighs, shoulders and hips) and certain clothes that are fit tight on you and see the magic every 4 weeks!! you'll see a huge difference! good luck!