My lean bulk method

Options
Hy guys what do you think about my lean bulk method?.During workout days i eat 550 calories over maintenance and on rest days i eat at maintenance.Workout days are a combination of strength and size,hybryd muscle training, and rest days i do cardio 10-12 min.Total week calories are 1650, and you need like 1750 to gain half a pound a week, I typically gain around 200 g per week.

What do you think about it?.Should I stay to 550 over maintenance during workout days or should i switch up to 240 calories everyday over maintenance for leanbulking .Thougths?,any benefits of eating over maintenance during rest days?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I think you are over thinking it. Just eat in a 250 calorie surplus every day so that you gain .5 pound a week.

1750 does not sound like that much…what are your stats??
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    You will not bulk up on this plan. And you're a teenager.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    You will not bulk up on this plan. And you're a teenager.

profile says 18 year old male….
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    eighteen I know. That is not even a plan for women to bulk up. Well maybe a petite one.
  • beatadr
    beatadr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Since he talks about weekly calories, my guess is he missed a 0 and it's actually 17500 weekly, giving 2500 daily. Still not that much for a man to bulk up, but sounds more probable.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    beatadr wrote: »
    Since he talks about weekly calories, my guess is he missed a 0 and it's actually 17500 weekly, giving 2500 daily. Still not that much for a man to bulk up, but sounds more probable.

Still OP math is a little off.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I think he means a weekly surplus of 1650 calories judging by his mention of the 1750 to gain .5 lbs.

550 surplus per day on lift days with 3 lift days (assumption) = total of 1650 calories

Whatever works for your adherence OP...
  • Bansh3e
    Bansh3e Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Lolbroscience is right i eat overall 1650 over maintenance. I eat 550 calories over maintenance during workout days and maintenance on days i dont workout.I look more at overall calories per week than day.
  • Bansh3e
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    beatadr wrote: »

Still OP math is a little off.

I eat 1650 calories oever maintenace during a week so i gain half a pound a week.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Bansh3e wrote: »
    Lolbroscience is right i eat overall 1650 over maintenance. I eat 550 calories over maintenance during workout days and maintenance on days i dont workout.I look more at overall calories per week than day.

Oh OK.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends how conservative you want to be with your approach....
  • RedWolf09
    RedWolf09 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree you're overthinking it. At your age you should be eating a lot more than that over your "maintenance."
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Your weight gain seems to be consistent with your mentioned surplus, so what you are doing seems to work for you.
    I think the question is, are you happy with your progress? No reason to change anything if you are.
  • Bansh3e
    Options
    RedWolf09 wrote: »
    Yeah I agree you're overthinking it. At your age you should be eating a lot more than that over your "maintenance."

I started working out at 17 and i did a so called ,,dirty bulk'' gain mass now i`ve cut, i am 8-10% bf and want to gain lean mass with minimal fat thats why i eat so little over maintenance around 250 per day if you like.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Bansh3e wrote: »
    RedWolf09 wrote: »

I started working out at 17 and i did a so called ,,dirty bulk'' gain mass now i`ve cut, i am 8-10% bf and want to gain lean mass with minimal fat thats why i eat so little over maintenance around 250 per day if you like.

no such things as "lean" mass …muscle = muscle….

eat in a surplus of 250 calories, lift heavy, repeat until you get desired results, and then cut.